|Amaterasu Magic Seals|
Amaterasu Magic Seals (天照魔法陣, Amaterasu Mahōjin; Illuminating Heaven Magic Seals) is a powerful Caster Magic, in which its users perform different hand patterns to create different effects.
The exact amount of magical energy necessary to unleash an Amaterasu Magic Seal is manipulated through hand seals. There are different sequences of hand seals for every technique, requiring memorization. While formulas may require a number of hand seals to work, a skilled user of this magic can use less or even one to perform the same formula. After performing these hand seals, Amaterasu Magic Seals appear, with each formula having a different appearance. Once written the seals unleash lethal explosions around and inside the targeted area; often utilized in the form of a spherical shockwave that extends outwards, damaging everything within its path. The scale of the destruction caused by these explosions seems to be linked to the amount of seals used in the spell. Casting Amaterasu Magic Seals seems to normally take a considerate amount of time to cast, but experienced users are able to cast it rapidly, even without the use of hand seals. The user has also been known to perform hand gestures and create seals in the air while on the verge of being struck on other instances, using them to shield themselves from incoming Magical attacks. .
- Formula 1: The user simply thrust their hand out in front of them creating a magical seal. The seal then unleashes a blast of magical energy into the opponent. Although the weakest of all the seals, it is the easiest to preform, and Jason Gaebolg was able to send Cane Hannibal some distance away in one blast from this spell, while the latter was in Strength Mode.
- Formula 028 (天照二十八式 Amaterasu Nijyūhachi Shiki): This seal engulfs an area in a massive spherical shockwave. It was first used against Makarov, though Makarov was able to protect himself with a seal of his own.
- Formula 099 (天照九十九式 Amaterasu Kyūjūkyū Shiki): This seal, unlike most of the seals in this magic which have an explosive effect, has a more "traditional" sealing method. It can only be utilised on a specific object and has one major effect, the absolute containment of any magical power surrounding that area. This can also be used in battle in a more effective way. By using this spell to contain much magical power into a certain area and subsequently activating either Formula 100 or 028, Tenshin is able to create a much more potent shockwave that what would normally be created by those spells alone, due to the added destruction caused by the sealed magical power. It is primarily used by Tenshin to seal his White Emperor's Armour into his ornate headpieces.
- Formula 100 (天照百式 Amaterasu Hyaku Shiki): This seal was able to completely break Makarov's Maximum Defense Seal: Three Pillar Gods and create a rippling shockwave that damaged several sections of Tenrou Island and that could be felt and heard by most (if not all) people on the island.
- Formula 7-777: The ultimate seal, Gailardia H. Vigilia used this seal to prevent Gunha Teishin from unleashing his full power against Gailardia's bloodline, with the added effect of stopping Gunha from gaining power.
- The name of Amaterasu comes from the Shinto Goddess of the Sun, "Amaterasu".