Earth Magic is activated by the user utilizing their magical energy in order to manipulate the soil and anything related to it in any way that they wish even without directly touching it- as long as their magical energy washes over something and it has traces of earth embedded within it, the user is capable of modifying it, even through thought alone. Effectively, this grants the user the ability to manipulate, modify, generate from their body earthen materials to their fullest extent- a skilled user has absolute dominance over the earth and everything related to and dwelling within it. When using Earth Magic, the magicians harness the power of the earth around them to attack or defend, giving Earth Magic users a great deal of flexibility in their magic. Earth Magicians use their magic to unleash powerful earthen structures, create walls to block opposing spells, and generally use it to enhance their physical attacks—Earth Magic is intricately tied to the caster's physical motions, though a user of Earth Magic is required to remain in motion at nearly all times, only standing still long enough to launch an attack—even though most Earth Magic users are fairly slow, these motions help to retain the Earth Magic user's balance between attack and defense, using strength and defense to become both a shield and spear.
A user is commonly seen producing earth from their very existence, before shaping it mentally and setting it upon their enemies to inflict maximum damage with ease. To a skilled user, the earth around themselves is similar to an extension of their body as in they are capable of manipulating a pre-existing earthen construct's movements and structure, subjugating it to their will- a master of Earth Magic can levitate entire buildings, tear extremely large pieces of stone from the earth, create fissures with a simple stomp, turn soil and dirt into quicksand, and of course, tunnel through the ground. Skilled users can manipulate the physical properties of earth, such as making sand as hard as metal, creating iron-hard rock pillars from the ground, or even bending the ground at will and turning it into a liquid form. Earth Magic also enables a user to literally dive into the ground (be it rock, concrete, or metal), using their hands or feet, and tunnel through it. Earth magic is strong and immune to Lightning Magic and Fire Magic, but Wind Magic is capable of upturning it and Water Magic will reduce the earth to mud. Like other elemental magics some users can also transform their bodies to earth to travelling through solid obstacles and underground. In the manga, Jura's arms appear to turn into rocks, although it is unknown if this transformation is caused by Earth Magic or advanced Transformation Magic.
- Iron Rock Spikes (岩鉄トゲ Gan Tetsu Toge): Jura creates earth spikes that inmobilizes his opponent. (Anime only)
- Iron Rock Powder Explosion (岩鉄起爆塵 Gan Tetsu Bakuchiri): Jura summons earth spikes that pierce his opponent. (Anime only)
- Iron Rock Wall (岩鉄壁 Gan Tetsu Heki): Jura creates pillars from the ground that form a wall, blocking incoming attacks.
- Continuous Formation (連鎖 Rensa): Jura creates pillars from the ground that form multiple walls in a straight line, blocking incoming attacks. (Anime only)
- Supreme King Rock Crush (覇王岩砕 Haō Gan Sai): Jura uses the rocks around him to surround the enemy and crush them with multiple sized stones. In the anime, Jura uses this spell with two phrases. First phrase, surrounds enemy with stones and binds enemy, second phrase crushes all stones which surrounds enemy. This spell causes high damage capable of defeating Oración Seis leader, Brain.
- Liquid Ground: Hoteye incorporates his magic to bend the ground at his will. His magic gives him the ability to make earth soft (as opposed to Jura's hardening of rocks) and to manipulate it from under his targets. Whether he can manipulate other types of terrain (e.g. ice, water, etc.) is yet to be seen.
- Shield: Hoteye used this shield to protect himself from one of Jura's opposed earth-based magic attack. However, due to it being an earth-based magic, it will most likely be effective against other earth-based magic and is futile against other elemental magics.
- Earth Statues: Sol could create statue like clones of anyone. He used this spell against Elfman with creating Lisanna. (Anime only)
- Merci la Vie: :Sol can use this sealing spell which traps opponents in their bad memories and slowly turns them into stone. (Anime only)
- Platre Sonata: Sol creates a giant fist from plaster and punches his target with it. According to him, this is his strongest attack.
- Roche Concerto: Sol attacks his target with a rush of rocks.
- Sable Dance: Sol attacks his target with a swirl of sand.
- Spica Hole (スピカ ホール Supika Hōru): Virgo grabs and throws the enemy into the ground and with the power of the throw creates a circular hole in the ground, resulting in them being trapped in a pit.
- Diver (ダイバー Daibā): Virgo, (like her former master)can dig undeground holes and tunnel through it. This magic allows her to go through hard rock like it is just water.
- Spica Lock (スピカ Supika Rokku): Virgo controlled rocks on the ground and using these rocks, she traps a person. (Anime only)
- Earth Swamp (いいす すわむぷ Isu Suwamupu): By changing the surface of an object (ground, ceiling, wall, etc.) beneath an enemy (relative to them) into mud and creating a swamp, the user can thus sink his enemy into the mud. The adhesive, magic-infused mud ensnares the enemy's body violently, making it almost impossible to recover one's strength and escape from there. The spell is ideal for entrapping or binding an opponent more then anything else.
A spell which allows Basilisk to literally "dive" into the ground and dig holes and tunnels through it as well as navigate through them, as if he wear a mole.
A spell which allows Folletto to literally "dive" into the ground and dig holes and tunnels through it as well as navigate through them, as if he wear a mole. He is also able to create pot holes in the ground by digging holes under the target.
Folletto has also shown the ability to turn the ground into a soft, liquid like substance, like mud. He can use this to ensnare his foes either when they are not looking or when he is beneath them. He has also used this to propel himself into the air. He can also cause the liquid mud to explode beneath the target, blasting them upwards, as well as surf and swim through the mud like his diver spell.