- "I get it. My cowardice was indeed despicable. I cannot describe quite what I saw, and while I cannot condone my actions, I won't go as far as to completely condemn myself. I've been a stranger to emotions for eleven years, and prior to this, I've certainly never felt "fear", Giselle. It overwhelmed me. I know you don't think much of me, but to be honest, I couldn't care less. I'm not such a coward that I would go die simply because I was overwhelmed by my own pitiful emotions. I will not be ruled by my own emotions again."
- —Jason rebuking Giselle's suggestion of suicide
|Pre-timeskip | Post-Timeskip | Child|
"Chosen One" (選ばれし, Erebareshi)
18 (Part I)
Guild Master of Akatuki
Jason LaHote (ジェイソン・ラホテ, Jeison Rahote) is the Edolas Counterpart to Jason Uley. He resides in Earthland, due to the implanted Lacrima in his body passing for "internal magic" when judged by the Reverse Anima set up by Mystogan, and he was taken into the Anima to Earthland. He primarily specializes in Sword Magic, despite having several various other magics that he has a talent in. Despite his young age, Jason is the Guild Master of Akatsuki; and one of the two "Chosen Ones" (選ばれし, Erebareshi) by Mr. E, and is fated to play an important part in the revolution of the world- Jason's title is "Black Knight of Destined Darkness" (命闇の黒騎士, Ateyami no Kurokishi). Jason is a main protagonist in Fairy Tail: Dawn.
Jason LaHote bears the appearance of a boy in his late teens, with subdued spiky orange hair that juts out in numerous directions along with sideburns, stunning hazel eyes, both traits inherited from his mother, and fair skin- not too tanned, nor too pale, his skin is more like a perfect mix of both. He is tall and lean, with a slightly muscular build. Jason is noted to be extremely handsome by most females; but despite this, his good looks aren't what draw the women to him- it is more of his hidden heart of gold that wins them over. In any case, Jason has been compared to something of a statue; almost perfect in appearance, but still somewhat cold.
Jason's attire is completely different from that of Jason Uley, or any other member of Dawn's cast for that matter. While most of the characters in Dawn wear westernized clothing or appear as if they had just come back from a rummage sale, Jason is fond of Japanese-style clothing given some futuristic touches; his outfit in all appearances ha him wearing a black kosode and hakama, as well a thick strap across his chest. He also has four black vertical lines on his forearms and black bands with white ends crossing over his chest, wrists, and ankles. Similar bands are around his neck as collars.
Revealed in the later portion of Part II, Jason's grandmother, Miu Gatack, gifted him with a unique raiment; two white shoulder plates crossing his chest in an X shape that hold his Divine Tools on his back, with the plate on his left shoulder having three sections adorned with red scales, and a white cloak with black markings tied around his waist
His Guild Mark is revealed to be on his left arm, close to his upper shoulder.
Jason LaHote, The Black Knight of Destined Darkness; in this, and his own name, defined as "the healer", is what had moulded Jason's character until this very point in time. Previously, Jason could be seen as a stoic man; emotionless, with nothing more than himself at his own disposal. A lone wolf, one could call him. He didn't depend on others because he believed that it would make him become weaker, and weaker. Alas, this didn't help him in his moments of crises, where it was his newfound comrades that gave him the willpower, the truthful desire to continue and move forward. Quite simply, Jason is a man who believes in his own designated definition of destiny: a pathway created by relationships.
It is for this reason that Jason is considered to be someone who can easily draw people towards himself. He is described not as a simple man, but a paragon, a Knight in Shining - or Dark - Armor. His ability to make comrades comes out in his own aura - magical or otherwise - which showcases a level of...desperation; longing-ness for someone to console him and his ways. Through such an aura, he has been shown to possess numerous comrades, from a wide variety of different occupations, coming together to forge a unique and intricate set of bonds now known as Akatsuki - The Dawn.
In terms of the mannerisms he displays - they have been varied over the years. At one stage, during his first meeting with Wendy Marvell, and beforehand, Jason was a man who was stoic. Believed to be emotionally stable, he was anything but that. He posed a fierce desire to keep his comrades - his very lights - safe from turmoil. During his period of isolation for seven years, Jason held an extreme resolve to gain power, leading him to become the more mellowed man he is today. This is demonstrated primarily in his peaceful, relaxed demeanor. He has found a sort of internal peace, a security that will enable him to continually protect his comrades.
However, following the death of Gaikou Ryuusei, one of his recent comrades, as well as the continued captivity of Vivian Starrkewolfe, Jason, once again, holds significant self-doubt in his own capabilities to protect the others he cares so deeply about. However, the recent exposition about E's evildoings, as well as the acquiring of new comrades has allowed him to view them in a new light. He now understands that they're not simple objects to protect - they're his comrades. And with that, he begins to talk to them far more often, sharing his darkest secrets openly with his trusted ones, distributing the burden that he had once held on his shoulders. While insecure, Jason holds firm belief that when supported by his comrades, he can do anything.
Born in the alternate world of Edolas, Jason's hometown is the town of Adorio.
- Sky Dragon and Crystal Knight!
- Prison Break
- Encounter With An Enigma
- The Guild's First Job
- The Warm Up Exercise
- Trouble in Bosco
- The Fall of Four
Rising Sun Arc
- Wings of a New Companion
- Paradise of the Gods
- Sky Dragon vs. Sky God: Revised
- Calm in the Sky
- Rosa Rubicundior, Lilio Candidior
- Demons and Dragons
Between Morgenroete and Stone Ocean Arcs
Stone Ocean Arc Note: This arc begins a two month timeskip.
- The Sun On A New World
- The Rebel Sleuths
- Akatsuki Gets A Clue
- Stone Ocean
- Much Needed Break Time: Akatsuki Has Some Fun!
Suihakkei Arc (水發勁 Liberation of Water Arc)
- Diving Down
- Route to Isvan
- Where The Ice Glitters
- unchained. -SNOW BLUES MIX-
- unchained II. -Deny the Shadow-
- Arrange The Clues
- Arrange The Clues II
- Arrange The Clues III
- Arrange The Clues IV
- Arrange The Clues V
- Arrange The Clues -Techno Remix-
- Arrange The Clues -Techno Remix, Side B-
Uprising Of Hell Arc
- Awaken-to the Threat- (unconscious throughout)
- NINE DAYS FOR ARMAGEDDON (unconscious throughout)
- The Monster (mentioned)
- Hihonshō (mentioned)
- Swift As A Coursing River (mentioned)
- The Twin Sages that Govern the Darkness
- The Primordial Risen
- Mêlée à Trois
- Mêlée à Trois -Blazing Blue Mix-
New Beginnings Arc
- Returning Step
- Severed Link
- The Invaders
- Operation Reclaim
- RISE FROM THE ASHES (mentioned)
- A Clone Of My Own
- Revelations of Origin
- Into The Shadows
- The White Curtain Falls
Multi Ring (マルチ・リング, Maruchi Ringu): The Multi Ring is a special ring that Mr. E had developed for Jason's use; unlike the Super Soul Rings of Tsuruko Sejren and E himself, who each have specialized and highly powerful rings, the Multi Ring is only 'average' in power; however, it has numerous uses, true to the name. The Multi Ring has the ability to project a powerful crimson energy; which Jason is capable of manipulating in any way that he wishes. The most common use of the Multi Ring is to fire blasts of energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. The ring can project beams of force powered by Jason's will, as he generally creates fanciful constructs in the shape of advanced technology. Their appearance does not indicate the power of the weapon. The weapon's power is more an indication of Jason's will. He can create any particular items or construct that he can imagine as long as he has the willpower necessary to will it into existence. The constructs are made out of bright crimson energy, which is a tangible form of pure willpower, and they exist only as long as Jason is fueling it with his willpower. Items created by the ring is not indestructible and are only as powerful as Jason's willpower; serving various uses for offensive magic and weaponry—known uses are a powerful explosion, energy clones, thunder strikes, and reflector shields. Overall, the Multi Ring has too many uses that it's only limitation of Jason's imagination.
Ekitokuan (益篤闇, Eternal Fervor of Darkness): The Divine Tool of Darkness; Ekitokuan takes the form of two separate blades; perfect for dual wielding. The larger blade, christened Hagetsu (発月, Blasting Moon), is the size and shape of a khyber knife, with the grip at the base of the blade and a handle extending back from this about roughly the width and length of the user's forearm. There is a thin, hollowed-out portion running along the back edge of the blade from the base to the middle of the blade. The second blade, known as Shataiyō (遮太陽, Shielding Sun) is relatively small, about the size of the user's arm, and is similar to the first blade, but resembles a trench knife more than a sword; it has an enclosed handle, with a portion acting like a hand guard. What is special about both of the swords is that they possess a gun action built into the hilt, the barrel running inside the length of the blade. They are mostly used like normal swords, but triggering a round sends a shock wave through the blade as the weapon passes through an opponent to increase damage. The user can utilize the recoil from a triggered round to drive the blade back after attacking and quickly move into position for a second attack, allowing them to use powerful multi-hit combos that hit several times in rapid succession; additionally, the user can transform this weapon into multiple forms, including a whip, a jet-vehicle, a spinning-cog weapon, a cannon, and a gigantic sword. Ekitokuan allows the wielder to have absolute dominance over the element of darkness; with it, they are capable of projecting dark blasts, and it has a physical form used for destroying objects, blocking enemies' attacks and picking up things; forming it into claws and apparitions of a demonic beast in order to attack; surrounding themselves in an aura of darkness to boost their abilities. While Darkness Magic is normally associated with evil, the darkness that Ekitokuan produces is aligned with the forces of good.
Gehaburn (ジエハバーン Jehaban): Jason possesses a large blade with a red hilt with dark wrappings and a short length of chain at its base. The blade is about as tall as Jason is, and it's design curves inwards at the backside of the tip similar to a trench knife. though is often called a giant cleaver. Formerly, before the start of the story, Gehaburn had a cloth-wrapped tang, which seemed to react to Jason's will, changing length at a thought or twining about the blade in an impromptu sheath. When in combat, the cloth falls away when necessary, shrinking back to a manageable size. Jason has, on more than one occasion, used Gehaburn's wide blade as a shield from incoming attacks, and for deflecting energy attacks. Due to it's size, Jason usually wears it on his back, but he can make it dematerialize, usually to keep him from being deprived of it in the case of a capture. The cleaver itself possesses a name, Gehaburn, which Jason claims was the name of a demonic creature he slayed with the blade only. Notably, this had unique effect on the blade, ancient old magic. After Gehaburn, the demon, was unsealed from the sword, Gehaburn, the sword began to lose its power- at the end of Jason's battle with Crux Kouga, The power of the blade of Gehaburn had almost completely vanished; and during the timeskip, Jason had Gehaburn integrated into his new swords; in essence, Gehaburn, the sword, still lives on within the new set of blades.
- Demon Form - Gehaburn, the Shadow Blade: (魔書影刃・ジエハバーン, Mashoeijin Jehaban): The Shadow Blade form of Gehaburn is a powerful, yet risky transformation; in order to utilize it, he loosens the seal upon Gehaburn ever so slightly, linking his mind to that of the beast as he taps into his power, which envelops him in a burst of magical power, initiating the transformation which effectively enables him to utilize Darkness Magic (闇の魔法, Yami no Mahō), which cloaks his body in a shadowy aura mimicking his own outfit. Like any magical enhancement, the Demon Form grants Jason a boost in speed, strength, and durability, effectively making him hit like a freight truck and take hits like a tank, all while being able to maneuvuer easily with newfound speed. The sudden boost in strength upon releasing allows Jason to break free from any attack which binds him or prevents him from moving; and his speed is now more than enough to manifest shadowy afterimages as he darts around at a high velocity. Mentally, Jason can control the "cloak" around his body manipulating it into arms, weapons, and even barriers. With the shadows, Jason is also able to fade himself into shadows to move swiftly, dodging efficiently and making surprise attacks. However, if he is caught while in a tangible form, or by another person in shadow form, he is then vulnerable to attack. The shadows produced by Gehaburn are able to be utilized in several different ways, allowing for a high level of adaptability; the shadows are able to be released in freeform, as condensed, or even molded into the shape of a weapon, taking on the properties of said chosen shape. The shadows possess a physical form used for destroying objects, blocking enemies' attacks and picking up objects, as Jason shapes his attacks into the form of ghostly apparitions, which he can use in various ways. The malefic nature of this Magic compliments Gehaburn's formerly sinister nature when Jason had possessed this form, and it is known to make people physically ill and cold in nature. This "cloak" also enhances the magical blast he common releases from Gehaburn. After the release of Gehaburn from his soul, Jason no longer has access to this ability.
Lacrima (魔水晶 (ラクリマ), Rakurima): Lacrima is a Magic crystalline substance found in both Earth Land and Edolas. Lacrima can be powered up with different spells and used for different purposes. Lacrima is crystallized Magic. Metaphysically, Lacrima calls upon the wisdom of the world in order to manipulate nature itself. This manifests as the phenomenon of magic for most Lacrima, although other Lacrima pieces enhance the user's abilities. To withdraw the power from the stabilized crystal, a shock triggered by the user's mind is required. As a result the Lacrima user's mind is weakened and frequent use of Lacrima without rest taxes their stamina. A Mage can charge their Magic into a Lacrima to suit their uses. Lacrima is best used when slotted into a weapon or a piece of armour. Once slotted into an equipment piece, the user can unleash powerful attacks or call upon special effects relating to the type of Lacrima itself. Using Lacrima has both pros and cons. Depending on the type and strength of the Lacrima equipped, some stats may be hindered or enhanced. Jason himself has a special lacrima implanted into his body that allows magic to flow throughout his body. This allows him to use magic much like a mage from Earthland would. Due to this, he was mistaken for a "natural" magic user by Jellal's Reverse Anima. Jason is also capable of sensing other Lacrima, due to the Lacrima in his body resonating with other Lacrima nearby.
Limiters: The black bands crossing over his chest, wrists, and ankles and the bands are around his neck are referred to by Jason as "limiters" that limit the amount of power he can draw from the Lacrima imbedded in his body, as he states the Lacrima he has is truly a powerful source of magic, and to use it all completely would require hospitalization due to the damage it can have on his body when pushed too far. To break the spell on these limiters (which re-activates later), is referred to by Jason as Limit Break.
Trench Knife/Dagger: A completely ordinary dagger Jason owned as a boy of 14 when he lived in Edolas. According to him, it was a gift left for him by his father's friend; naturally, this means the knife was left for Jason by Palmer Solidad, though how Jason managed to procure it when Chisuzu would have tried her hardest to keep such a dangerous thing out of his reach is unknown. Because it was a gift from Palmer, a man considered member of the family by Jason's family, as well as the man who saved his life when the Lacrima supporting him was beginning to fall, Jason treasured the dagger immensely; however, when he was imprisoned by Faust after his unsuccessful raid on the Capital, the dagger was taken from him. Jason expressed his regret at being unable to procure it after his escape. Notably, the author, in the chapters the weapon appeared in, frequently switched from "dagger" to "trench knife" and back again, so it is unknown precisely which this weapon was; it is implied, however, that it was a trench knife, as Jason's weapon of choice later closely resembles a trench knife at first.
Garrotte Wire: Quite possibly Jason's signature as a child, garrotte wire was one of Jason's trademarks while he lived in Edolas. Jason appeared to possess an unexplained affinity for the wire, capable of manipulating it from his fingertips and causing it to extend like puppet strings to latch onto the opponent; and from there it simply became bloody. The wires themselves were notoriously sharp, a simple tug from one of Jason's fingers was all it took to slice off whatever part of the body the wires happened to be attached to. The wires also seemed to be extremely durable; Jason could wrap them close together and create an elastic shield that survived even sword strikes. Jason's use of these wires was not simply limited to combat; notably, he set up explosives under Faust's castle that were triggered by the tug of one his signature wires, showing he was able to make decent use of them with bombs as well as simple but effective weapons. Due to the way these wires worked, it is assumed, but not confirmed, that they were a type of Holder Magic Jason procured during the beginning of his vigilantism.
Magic and Abilities
Ways of Combat
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: In terms of fighting style, Jason usually relies on his sword, and therefore can be considered a Swordsmanship Specialist. Jason's entire training with the sword has been self-taught, having no master at all aside from experienced gained through fighting. Despite this, Jason is capable of relying on his sword almost solely in battle, usually wielding it single-handedly. Overtime, Jason has honed his swordsmanship skills to a near-masterful level, and is able to wield his blade while changing attacks (from slashing motions to piercing motions) with no difficulty at all. Shown through his use of Limit Break, Jason is able to wield nearly any sword he's given with great proficiency.
Jason's style of swordfighting is a unique one; completely at odds with that of the style of his rival; specializing in slow, powerful sword strikes which consist mostly of heavy swings—these slashes are immensely strong, capable of slamming his opponents into walls and floors; the impact of which deals additional damage. It has been shown many times that Jason strikes with the force of a semi-track; cracking the area around him as he swings down, pulverizing the surroundings with enough power to shatter the toughest of magical barriers; the force of which is channeled into his sword strike, increasing the damage even more. While his sword swings are overwhelmingly powerful, they have a slow start-up speed; but the payoff (aka the attack itself) is more than worth it.
The reason that his attacks take so long to start-up is due to his overwhelming amount of magical power which constantly surrounds him, making stealth impossible. Rather than this being a limitation to him and fighting through the density of the magical power, Jason fights with it, utilizing its effects on him to provide his blows with incredible force, while relying on the main articulation points at the elbows and wrists for precision, resulting in brutally effective bladework; displaying crispness and unpredictability, notwithstanding the two-handed grip he favours. Even the most simplistic moves contain enough strength to nearly disarm his opponents.
Because of his heavier attacks, he is at a disadvantage when dueling against equally powerful or stronger characters using fast-paced combat styles, such as Crux Kouga, Gary Straights, and Tsuruko Sejren. To counter these opponents, he can, at any moment's notice, show his true worth; an intense burst of speed which allows him to keep up with the best of them. It should be noted that Jason is not slow per-se; it is more that he focuses more on heavy strikes than the other characters, and he merely prefers a stronger fighting style; otherwise, he is just as fast of the rest. Jason has also shown the ability to attack with the back of his blade when he has no intention of killing his enemy, focusing brute force into it instead of the intent to cut. While performing right-handed, Jason shows he can wield his blade with any hand, and is even capable of wielding two blades at a time.
- Draco Spiralem (ドラコ スピラレム, Latin for "Spiral Dragon"): This is a simple sword technique which revolves around amplifying the piercing power of his sword by thrusting it forward whilst twisting it. The amount of strength thrown into it is generated from the practitioner pushing all their weight into the tip of the blade. By increasing his speed, he can easily reach his target from a long distance, increasing the impact through increasing the momentum. When preforming something along the lines of high-speed movement, Jason jolts forward when approaching his opponent. However, when doing so he completely lowers his body and moves up under his opponent's guard. From that position he draws his arm in close and then fires it forward while twisting it with all his might. The thrust starts of slow, but as it closes in on it's target, it picks up speed. This motion increases the impact of his Gehaburn, and is commonly used to tear through both the opponent's weapon and body. To reassure this, Jason throws all his weight into his blade upon it's impact with his intended target. A variant of this technique is also available; when performing it, Jason simply releases his blade and twists his arm in a single direction with all his might. The now weightless blade spins at a much faster pace. It's new spiraling motion gives it the needed power to cleanly split a sword in half, as well as showing the capabilities to tear through muscle with the same destructive power, but in a rippling motion. Twisting his entire arm whilst thrusting the blade outward, in a lunging motion, Jason is capable of splitting even the strongest of blades.
- Two Sword Style (二刀流, Nitōryū): Two Sword Style is exactly as the name meaning is: it focuses on wielding two blades at the same time. It is an extremely powerful sword style; given by the simple math of "A single sword has a power of one hundred. Therefore, two swords have a power of two hundred." Jason is noted in particular to be highly proficient in the use of dual swords, and is capable of defeating almost any opponent with both swords at a single time. Despite the differing forms of both swords, there appears to be no difference in the proficiency he can use the swords with either hand. Furthermore; he appears to be able to alter the cutting power in both hands, allowing for quite the deception when the stakes are high. His strikes are notably fast, but also powerful. Rarely will he use lunges thanks to the shape and weight of his sheaths causing it detrimental to do so. Rather; he appears to use exceptionally swift slashes, knocking out his enemy effortlessly. Additionally; through much experience, Jason also holds much skill in the use of acrobatic fighting with his swordsmanship. Including rather extreme bodily movements such as flips and cartwheels, among other things, Jason is fully capable of overwhelming an enemy through the sheer speed and direction of his attacks. His slashes are thought to be so precise and fast that many are unable to visualize them until after they have been hit, and even then, the delayed reaction would usually lead them bleeding to death.
- The Hundred One-Sword Style (百一刀流, Hyaku Ittōryū): The Hundred One-Sword Style is perhaps the most peculiar style of swordfighting that has quite possibly ever been shown. Rather than using just one sword, Jason utilizes hundreds of swords which are materialized through his own magical aura and then shaped in the form of the replica of his Gehaburn which are then scattered around the battlefield. With this, Jason unleashes a plethora of techniques, making use of a single sword, or even many swords simultaneously. Because of the hundreds of blades scattered around the battlefield Jason almost always has a sword in hand, or multiple swords ready for use. He uses these replicas of Gehaburn for various purposes beyond just regular melee attacking, such as using them as projectiles, paths to walk on, stakes to prevent his opponent's movements, and also use for unleashing multiple simultaneous attacks on his foe. With the power of the Hundred One-Sword Style and his speed, it seems to the untrained eye that Jason can summon a multitude of ethereal swords to wipe out his opponents with ease. In combat, it is not uncommon to see a flurry of swords materializing out of thin air and disappearing just as quickly, flying and attacking rapidly from many angles at once. The skill that Jason displays when utilizing the Hundred One-Sword Style blurs the line between the physical and the mystical, conjuring mighty dragons born of blades to descend upon his opponents, or erecting nigh impenetrable barriers of blades as strong as the greatest binding spells. At times, Jason, when utilizing the Hundred One-Sword Style, almost appears as if he has telekinesis, as he is able to make his Swords float in midair, stick to his opponents, etc. This isn't a supernatural power, but a natural property of the style; as otherwise, utilizing the Hundred One-Sword Style would be heavily impractical.
- Omegaensis (オメガエンシス, Omegaensisu, Latin for Lastblade): The natural polar opposite to the Hundred Sword Style; when initiating this style of combat, the user infuses their raw magical power within their blade, giving it elemental properties, in addition to unrestrained cutting power. When the user's blade is infused with their raw magical power, it replaces the hard, metal blade of the sword with a blade of light, similar to a laser. When Omegaensis is in effect, it turns the user's attack into a power on the physical and magical side. This makes it incredibly useful for fighting demons, who do not have physical bodies and therefore can only be hurt with magic. It can also be used against foes whose magic bodies are sealed off or missing, and thus are immune to most magic. The Omegaensis is powerful enough to destroy lesser demons and weak Espers in a single blow if the wielder can manage to hit them. Even middle-ranking demons can be seriously wounded or killed by this attack. High-ranking demons such as the Primordial Demons, however, often display near immunity to the weapon's power, requiring more powerful techniques to kill. The size and length of the blade appears to correspond with the amount of the user's raw magical power that they poured into it. At its fullest, Omegaensis can result in a long blade of light, while when exhausted from magical energy, the user creates smaller, sometimes flickering blades. Due to the blade now being composed of magical energy, Omegaensis can also be used to channel and amplify spells, increasing their power as they are released from the blade. The sword can also absorb spells to become stronger for short periods of time.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: While not as skilled in the art as he is with his sword, Jason has indeed been shown to be quite competent and deadly when unarmed. He has repeatedly shown great agility and coordination in his attacks. In addition to having powerful punches, Jason is proficient in counterattacks, takedowns, and body locks. He has, on one occasion, caught an opponent's weapon strike with a single hand; though the opponent was able to overpower him afterwards. When in battle unarmed, Jason is ruthlessly pragmatic; possessing absolutely no concept of a code of honour; and as such, he will strike females, attack children, hit below the belt, and even pull dirty tactics. Additionally, he is quite inventive—coming up with creative attacks on the spot to launch against his enemies, catching them by surprise. Jason's favoured manner of offense is that of the way of punching; making use of his powerful arms and fists to take on his foes, with his specialty lying in punching moves where he uses his fists to their fullest. In terms of fighting style, Jason focuses specially on power, using strong and powerful punches, such as powerpacked jabs or piercing uppercuts, to deal damaging blows to his opponents. Once he catches an opponent in his combos, he keep them trapped by keeping up his strikes, not allowing his opponents a chance to counterattack. For stronger strikes, Jason tend to build up momentum with his fists by swinging them around, before hitting his opponent with full force. However, it has been shown that he will use kicks as well to close the distance between him and his opponent. The force and speed that he strikes with often catches many an opponent off-guard, and he is able to apply even more force into his blows, giving his limbs even more power and devastating reach.
- Finger Gun (Unnamed): This is a sneaky close-range technique, where Jason pushes his finger towards certain target at a very high speed while flicking his thumb, imitating the firing of a bullet, leaving a wound similar to a bullet wound. It is a very useful technique that can connect rapidly and accurately, which works well with his impressive speed and agile techniques. The shape of this technique is derived from the shape of the finger, hence the hit of this technique will have more of an impact on actual magical defenses since it is sharper than the round bullet and resembles more modern bullets. When it hits the opponent, they are damaged and stunned as they explode upon contact rather like compressed air bullets, with an ability to send them flying if they get caught in mid-air by it. Additionally, Jason can use it as a rapid-fire version that hits the enemy multiple times. This technique is extremely versatile, and has many variants, being his most utilized move, as it causes very little destruction other than that of the foe, making it the perfect tool for assassination. The reason that this technique is left unnamed is because it is meant to be utilized to defeat foes quickly- it was never created to serve as a serious attack; most of the time, Jason utilizes it in order to knock weaker foes out cold, so that he can progress without causing unnecessary loss of life or expending any amount of his magical power in order to eliminate any hazardous elements.
- Caeli Fragor (空の原乱 (カエリ フラゴー) Latin for Sky's Roar, Japanese for, Primitive Chaos of the Heavens): Caeli Fragor is a simple technique, where Jason infuses his magical energy within his fist and condenses them to their limits, to the point that they are almost invisible, before unleashing a highly powerful jumping uppercut where he spins and rockets upwards with some horizontal movement as well. This initial strike has Jason spinning around as he delivers the uppercut; which works similar to a vacuum; if the foe is caught by the initial blow; then they will be struck the successive eight times. It is one of Jason's most powerful blows; mostly because of it's "multi-hit" feature which doubles the damage each successive spin. Despite its basicness, Jason prefers to use this technique to finish opponents, as it is nice looking way to win the battles, and has different powerful variants as a result. This technique also covers a lot of horizontal distance, allowing him to strike an airborne opponent from several meters away. This does, however, give the attack a good amount of lag, leaving his open for counter-attack if she misses or is blocked. A combination is where Jason spins and rockets upwards with some horizontal movement with an exceedingly powerful uppercut that creates a spiraling vacuum of magical energy, creating a vacuum effect which sucks in the opponent and strikes multiple times. Then, he transitions into three more punches aimed at the legs, chest and head. He then throws another punch to the chest before landing a jumping punch to foul the opponent's balance, and finishes the attack by turning and throwing an uppercut that transitions into another spiral of magical energy, creating another vacuum effect which sucks in the opponent and strikes multiple times before he finishes off with a powerful punch aimed at the opponent's midsection.
Enhanced Strength: Enhanced by his Lacrima, as well as his own physical training, means Jason has strength that surpasses even that of the average mage. He has shown, many times, to be physically strong, befitting his lean yet muscled build. Jason's strength is mostly seen through the use of his sword. His entire style centering around brute force, Jason has shown, on occasion, the ability to slice through limbs (and therefore, muscle and bone) with relative ease. His entire sword style, in stark contrast to Crux, revolves around the use of his sheer brute force, capable of destroying the area with a swing of his blade and enough force supplied. His own punches have enough force to shatter stone into pieces, and, by punching the air, he is shown to be capable of destroying machines with pure air force. In addition, Jason's feats of strength are as simple as carrying around the sword of Gehaburn on his back, as it is a blade as tall as he is, and possessed of considerable weight, yet Jason is capable of wielding it with one hand. One simple swing of this sword is enough to create powerful shockwaves of air, similar to his punches, that produce similar destructive feats. He has demonstrated that he is strong enough to enable him to knock out people with normal durability with as little as a tap to the head. Jason's physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to be able to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound; he demonstrated this when he leaped over thirty feet vertically into the air when he first leaped out of the way of an oncoming carriage; and his power has only increased drastically from there; as a note, he is capable of lifting a 20 ton boulder using a single hand with very little effort exerted.
Immense Speed: Because of his heavy-hitting fighting style, one would assume that Jason is a textbook mighty glacier. However, from the moment of witnessing his movements in the heat of battle, this is completely and utterly wrong; dead wrong in fact, a mistake that foes regularly fatally make. Essentially, Jason's speed enables him to move faster than the eye can literally follow; he moves he seems to do so in a blur which makes him hard to follow and discern even if one can follow his speed. He has been observed by many characters as running like he is flying and slowing his falls in mid-air; however, this is not true flight per-se, but instead, an effect of his masterful control over his own pace. Due to his natural masterful control over his pace, Jason brings his impressive speed to bare on his opposition. Because there is no air resistance to slow him down, he is more than capable of catching up to and keeping pace with even the swiftest of opposition. Due to his speed, Jason is more than capable of instantaneously closing long distances without being detected by others. He is capable of moving so fast that he can decapitate an entire battalion of Rune Knights without they even having time to react; and he is able to instantly react to and avoid attacks even at point-blank range from people as powerful as S-Class level mages. It should be noted that Jason runs at high speed with slow-paced strides; and his speed enables him to run at speeds greater than Mach 1, which is at the blistering speed of 768 miles per hour; in essence, his speed is such that he can move so fast as to cause miniature sonic booms when he kicks off to start a dash.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Jason is also shown to have sharp reflexes and acrobatic skills, being able to do special tricks and movements while in mid-air, though he is not nearly as acrobatic as people as Crux and Tsuruko are. He possesses astonishing reflexes, and the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow, and he is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, trampolines.
Enhanced Durability and Endurance: Due to the Lacrima implanted in his body at a young age, Jason has an immense amount of durability. Shown frequently in his battles, Jason has immense tolerance to pain, being able to withstand stab wounds from large blades in his back, legs, torso, and arms and still maintain consciousness. He has shown to be capable of surviving considerable blunt force trauma, and he can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super strength, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort. Jason's body is durable to the point where tensing his super-strong muscles while being punched in the torso by a trained heavyweight boxer caused the attacker's wrists to break; also, Jason has stated that he must roll with punches thrown by people without similar strength or durability to avoid breaking their wrists. His skin is thick enough for him to survive being cut up by Chelia's wind blades, which are capable of slicing through steel; being bombarded by magic blast upon magic blast by an S-Class Mage does not faze him in the slightest; as he is known to possess a level of durability akin to that of Iris Lavra. Additionally, Jason possesses near-maximized physical endurance to match his strength, and is capable of taking as much major punishment as he is able to deal out; capable of holding off a multitude of highly powerful foes without rest. Because of his durability, Jason can fight for prolonged periods of time. The Lacrima in his body gives him enhanced stamina, and because of this, his musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Bloodflow Halting: This is not a technique nor a spell per-se, but merely an extension of his masterful control over his body. Unlike many other humans, Jason can withstand severe bloodloss, shown during his fight with Crux, as he was able to maintain consciousness for a limited amount of time despite losing a severe amount of blood; the result halting the loss of blood is what allows him to forcibly seal a wound that has been previously gushing blood; stopping the gushing of the blood of the wounds and enabling him to return to something resembling his top shape and thus fight at his best once more. Naturally, due to this property, Jason is even able to endure the pain of a lost limb; when Crux cut off Jason's arm, his first reaction was to stop bloodflow, as opposed to other humans, who would likely faint from the shock of a lost limb. This attribute grants him resistance to certain acids, as shown when he stood up to his ankles in acid; and he has a higher tolerance for drugs and diseases than normal humans, and he can recover from the effects of larger doses rapidly. He is capable of being assaulted by thousands of bee stings, and recovering in less than ten minutes higher than normal. Because of this ability, Jason is able to fight even on low energy, without a lot of blood, and can shrug off most wounds that other humans would succumb to within minutes. However, Jason has his limits, repeated critical wounds to vulnerable vital organs can, and have nearly, killed him on occasion.
Regenerative Healing Factor: Due to the fact that he has a Lacrima implanted within his body, his body has shown to have high-speed regenerative abilities. Jason has mentioned that as a child, he always healed very quickly, which he had initially thought was due to his mother's skills at bandaging him up. His healing rate is so fast that, while not on the level of Iris Lavra, it is sufficiently powerful enough to recover from severe injuries from broken bones and large amounts of tissue damage and rapidly recover from severe injuries such as broken bones and large amounts of tissue damage in a matter of hours. In his most recent fight with Crux, he received heavy bodily damage, only to heal before the fight was over without medical attention. The is done is a special method; as the Lacrima implanted within his body draws in stray magical particles from the atmosphere, essentially absorbing the eterano from the air and condenses it upon Jason's body, flowing into his wounds and transfigures into life energy, flows into his bodily systems to purge it of all wounds; healing him extraordinarily quickly. This ability activates whenever he is wounded, though if he is in a particularly difficult battle, it takes its time to slowly patch up his more severe wounds.
Near-Inexhaustible Immense Magic Power: Unlike every other inhabitant of Edolas, Jason was implanted with Lacrima at a young age, and this Lacrima, when utilised away from Edolas, such as in Earthland, grants him a multitude of abilities, one of which is an immense amount of magical energy; raising his magical power to tremendously vast levels as of currently. The Lacrima within Jason's body is constantly producing magical power by drawing in magic from the atmosphere at an increased rate, in effect mimicking the normal functions of an Earthland body, and then multiplying it, granting Jason access to immense amounts of innate magic. As for pressure, Jason constantly gives off a magical aura which is at the level of a Guild Master. Even when worn-out in battle, he can continue fighting effectively while still using his spells to their fullest extent; being a physical and magical juggernaut who, most of the time, is unable to be impeded unless it is via the strongest opponents.
Because Jason's magical energy level is constantly very high, even at its base level without him consciously being aware of it, he rarely becomes exhausted in battle, meaning the sheer resilience and amount of energy Jason has is monstrous. The sheer amount of magical energy that he is in possession of ranks him as a high S-class mage, and, in addition to his goal-oriented mind and being the strongest founding member of Akatsuki at the time (as well as the person most associated with Mr. E outside of Tsuruko Sejren), ensured his status as his Guild's Guild Master. Jason has enough magical power that it can be released in a potent aura around his body, appearing as bright blue light, and it's sheer force can stun weaker opponents, driving them mad with fear. Due to stemming from Lacrima, Jason's magic, when felt by others, is easily able to felt as "different" form normal magic produced by Earthland natives. The amount of magical power produced by Jason's Lacrima is more than his body can handle at any one time, and as such, Mr. E crafted "limiters", placed on his neck, wrists, and ankles, that serve as shackles to his power. Removing them induces the Limit Break, granting Jason access to his truly immense powers for a short period.
- Raw Magical Power: Utilizing his Lacrima's naturally ability to pull in Eterano, Jason absorbs natural Eterano from the air, mixing it evenly with his own magical power, channeling it into his blade. From this point, it erupts from the blade with great force, raging like flames behind Jason. Wrapping the energy around his sword, his sword absorbs the energy focuses it at the tip of the weapon, gathering the energy in a tri-focused manner and condensing it to its utmost limit before swiftly expelling it, magnifying the slash attack as the unrestrained magical power wraps around itself before expanding, as it flies forward at high speeds in the shape of a crescent arc; many times the size of Jason himself. While unnamed, this technique is very powerful, capable of destroying an army of Rune Knights, ripping into the ground and destroying a very large prison building. Jason has shown an alternate usage of this technique; slashing the air, he compresses magical energy to the point where it creates a fine line in the air, but appears to have done nothing. Luring the enemy into a false sense of security in this way, the attack erupts, producing the same effect as if Jason had released it immediately from the blade; a delayed reaction blast. In any case; Jason has shown to be capable of utilizing this technique in several different manners, such as striking the ground to create an omnidirectional blast to knock away incoming attacks or slashing at the ground to upturn it and crush everything in its path; and a single swing of it is more than enough to disperse an entire rainstorm; as well as demolish a large radius of the surroundings and leave behind a huge crater in the wake of the attack. Its energy is capable of withering the skin, muscle and tissue of any being of pure evil to a quivering mess by badly burning it.
Sword Magic (剣の魔法, Ken no Mahō): Sword Magic is Jason's only known branch of offensive magic, the rest being supplementary. It is Magic which, as the name itself suggests, is focused around the use of swords, with those weapons acting as mediums for Jason to perform particular attacks. Many of such moves are shown capable of going past the physical reach of the blade employed in their use, threatening foes at short-to-mid range. Some Sword Magic techniques seem to involve the use of elements commonly found employed by elemental forms of Magic, such as Fire Magic; in addition, an unnamed version of Telekinesis is shown to be frequently employed alongside it, in order for Jason to maneuver several swords at the same time in his Hundred Sword Style. In some cases, certain moves might even involve the change of the sword's properties, such as its length. Specializing in using his Gehaburn for combat, Jason trained in the use of Sword Magic, however, not all of the magic he uses with Sword Magic necessarily stems from Gehaburn, due to the fact that much of his brand of Sword Magic seems to create swords in a manner similar to The Knight, and favors quantity over quality. Due to Gehaburn's status as an extremely versatile sword, Jason can imbue his Sword Magic with various elemental natures and status effects via the secondary effects of his blades, making him incredibly deadly as the opponent will not know what is coming up—and afterwards, a number of follow-up options can be chosen and followed through with, making Jason as unpredictable as he is deadly. After obtaining Ekitokuan (益篤闇, Eternal Fervor of Darkness), the Divine Tool of Darkness, Jason's sword magic is enhanced massively.
Jason is capable of utilizing the khyber knife portion of the sword, which is named Shataiyō (遮太陽, Shielding Sun) as a shield of sorts; as Sword Magic uses the unique properties of a sword which are catalyzed by the user's own magic to do anything. In this case, Shataiyō is capable of utilizing Jason's magical power, which boils down to a certain point and then expands into a shield of sorts. With this, Jason is capable of utilizing his mastery over Sword Magic to then create swords from this single shield; and in order to add unpredictability to this fighting style, Jason can concentrate for a brief moment longer and create swords of varying shapes, sizes and types and wield them telekinetically while he is under protection from his shield. Lastly, he is also capable of making a number of shields at any given time, using a spinning motion perhaps to focus the magical power and distribute it quickly.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, Hagetsu (発月, Blasting Moon), the cleaver portion of Ekitokuan is primarily offensive-based; unlike Jason's other swords, Hagetsu is a blade that acts independently, rather than being able to utilize the Hundred-Sword-Style with it; meaning that it is seemingly just a weapon. However, by utilizing the hollow portion of the sword, Jason is capable of concentrating his own magical power to that region, which, firstly, magnifies the cutting power of the blade tremendously, enabling it to cleave through metal. However, in addition to this, Hagetsu is lined with Lacrima at its hilt; which, upon the imbuing of Jason's own magical power, activates, birthing a combination of Elemental Magic; this ability is uncannily similar to Etherion, to the point that it can be considered a bladed variant.
- Pluvia Laminis (プルビア ラミニス Purubia Raminisu; Latin for Rain of Blades): Pluvia Laminis is sword magic spell where Jason charges his magical energy into his sword, condensing it momentarily before unleashing it in a faint wave—the rippling wave manifests as a multitude of ethereal blades which are a blazing scarlet in texture, magical energy scattering off of each and every sword that was summoned, which are grouped together as one large spear as if they were a phalanx formation, before they are unleashed in an unholy fury. The "rain of blades" created by this technique is enough to kill most targets that are not heavily durable or under some sort of defense. At a moment's notice, with a mental command, Jason is capable of reverting the spear formation into numerous swords, effectively breaking their grouping and allowing him to shred opponents at a distance and break through almost any defense. The blades can be used for defensive purposes, as they can protect Jason from an incoming sword swing. Before the timeskip, Pluvia Laminis was considered Jason's signature spell; but over time, it's effectiveness had decreased. Taking note of this, Jason had composed a different, vastly more powerful spell to replace Pluvia Laminis, however, on numerous occasions, he will still utilize Pluvia Laminis to keep the opponents on their toes.
- Pluvia Laminis - Sagitta Magica (プルビア ラミニス サジタ マジカ Purubia Raminisu - Sajita Majika; Latin for Rain of Blades - Magic Arrow): A more concentrated version of Pluvia Laminis, Jason concentrates the formation of Pluvia Laminis power into a single arrow with frightening cutting power. However, the technique is far more precision based, and is rewarding with this limitation as the execution of the Saggita Magica is so fast that the arrow's movement is invisible, and it truly seems as if Jason has shot opponent, except that the resulting impact is not akin to an actual pistol, but to a small hand-held cannon and powerful enough to propel the unlucky recepient several meters away. The incredible speed both makes the strike far more powerful, and harder to dodge; connecting instantly with the target with the single arrow causing aggravated injuries in a single blow. This attack possesses incredible power, able to tear through non-magical armours with relative ease; it's power to pierce bone and metal is nearly unrivaled. In fact, the only thing strong enough to resist this compressed spell is diamond.
- Tactus Pluvia (タクツス プルビア Takutusu Purubia; Latin for Touch Rain): A sword magic spell that is best used in close combat. Jason places Gehaburn to the point where it touches his target, or the weapon he is in stalemate with. Once this is done, the magical energies of Jason and his opponent interact, as Gehaburn searches for the rift, or scar, between two powerful magical powers of Jason and his opponent. Once the rift has been found and confirmed, Jason locks on with his magical power; as he pours his magical power into Gehaburn, before unleashing it in the form of a flurry of swords which are launched with a velocity which is akin to that of a jet engine; the blades immediately pierce the foe's body— they materialize out of thin air and disappear just as quickly, flying and attacking rapidly from many angles at once; overall overwhelming the foe; or at least, placing tremendous pressure upon them, forcing them to keep their defenses up lest they be struck by a sword—causing hundreds of other blades to perforate them in a matter of moments. Due to it's speed and point-blank method of release, this spell is almost always lethal.
- Ensistremor (エンシストレモー, Ensisutoremo, Latin for Blade Ripple): A simple spell utilizing brute strength, Jason swings his sword with as much might as possible, molding the air with magic to create a strong, dense current of air shaped like a crescent, sending out a sharp blade of compressed air pressure that appears of faint ripples of wind that can slice objects and greatly damage a human body at high speeds; this attack enables Jason to assault things which are out of his range, sending air blades which fly through the air itself; and can even remain floating in it until the right moment to slash. These blades of wind possess incredible range and devastating power; and Jason has mastered this ability to the point that it can cut through barriers of magical energy. These projectiles are capable of slashing his opponents and sending them flying away from him, with enough force to make them fall off cliffs and high places they might be standing on. The resulting sharpened blast of this technique is large enough to slice through multiple targets located a significant distance from Jason, causing grievous injuries to those hit. The technique is very fast, and cuts through anything it makes contact with, though it can be resisted with a strong enough defense. The technique is, at it's core, sword pressure. Upon its first use; this technique was given the name Kūretsusen (空列閃, Voided Violent Flash); but as of the timeskip, it has been given a new name, ensuring that it is a staple of Jason's arsenal.
- Interitus Exercitium (インテリツスクサーシチアム Purubia Ekkusaasitiamu; Latin for Extinction Drill): Interitus Exercitium is prepared by assuming an unusual stance; dropping into a partial crouch, both knees bend, right arm drawn back and left extended forward while Jason winds up his sword arm. Focusing his magical energy into his feet to get a better foothold as well as his left wrist to augment the strike, Jason waits for the foe to draw close, before instantly breaking out of the stance and thrusting at the foe whilst releasing his sword arm, creating a drill effect with extreme force at high speeds, piercing through many an obstruction while tearing through the air itself. The technique is considered quite deadly, as the Interitus Exercitium has only a precious few blind spots to be exploited. Despite the apparent inflexibility of using one attack repeatedly, it has many useful applications.
- Trinity Sword (天輪・三位の剣, トリニティソード, Toriniti Sōdo): Trinity Sword is a spell which is similar to his release of raw magical power; even though it is much more controlled, the striking similarities lead Jason to rarely utilize it. In its first use, it is the basic application; Jason utilizes Gehaburn, slashing his sword in an arc which releases an energy projectile in a blue delta formation with the aim to cause massive harm. However, in the time spent training to defeat his rival, Jason has refined Trinity Sword into a vastly different spell; to the point that the current iteration can be considered 'Trinity Sword in name only". It is a technique that harnesses his own magical energy along with the Hundred One-Sword style; channeling the mass of his magical energy into the strike itself, allowing him to attack with the full force of his magical energy. As the mass is transmitted through the sword, it creates a very thin almost imperceptible wave concentrated at the edge of the blade. As the technique nears its completion the force of the strike ripples out as the powers of the Hundred One-Sword style are shown; using his thoughts to draw two other swords to his body; this results in three concurrent arching blades closing on the enemy from all sides to create a prison, allowing no chance for defense or evasion. The first strike; the blade that Jason is holding comes at the opponent with overwhelming speed, creating a circular arc to surround them. This isn't much trouble on its own, especially with the length of the blade, but the slightly slower second vertical strike meant to block off escape from above, and the third horizontal strike to keep the opponent from escaping to the side completely overwhelm the opponent. If one of the slashes is blocked, the other two will hit. Due to the close range, if the opponent attempts to retreat, the sword Jason is holding will quickly cut them down.
- Tres Semita Sagittis (トレス セミタ サジチス, Toresu Semita Sajitisu, Latin for "Three Paths Shot"): Sandōuchi is a Sword Magic, making use of the Hundred One-Sword Style. Using it Jason grabs onto three of his swords and throws them onto the ground creating a path. Then running along these swords he grabs onto a fourth one and uses it to directly attack the opponent.
- Praeterea (プラエテリ, Puraeteri, Latin for "Addition"): This technique utilizes the numerous swords involved in the use of the Hundred One-Sword Style and both Jason's skill and speed. Jason attacks the opponent a total of eleven times in rapid succession, each at different angles and positions. With each strike the sword is left behind attached to the opponent. He then lands the final blow, making a total of twelve devastating blows. This technique can be fatal to the enemy if successful and can end the battle. The attack itself relies upon the high speeds of the individual attacks and the momentary stun inflicted by the previous blows, allowing Jason to grab one of the surrounding swords and continue with the technique. The damage inflicted by this attack can be doubled using the technique Multiplicatio, equaling a total of 24 blows.
- Multiplicatio (マルチプリカシーオ, Marutipurikasiio, Latin for "Multiplication"): This is a follow-up to the Praeterea technique. While the opponent is still impaled by the previous twelve strikes, Jason attacks once again, striking these remaining swords so as to repeat the succession of movements preformed previously. This results in doubling the attack damage that was already done, as it cuts his opponent with the twelve swords all over again. This totals up to twenty-four strikes being received by the enemy within an incredibly short period, leaving little to no chance for a counter attack. The severe damage this move causes could very well end a battle.
- Tumultuosum Lineam (ツマルツオサム リニム, Tumarutuosamu Rinimu, Latin for "Disorderly Line"): Jason initiates this technique by spinning the current sword in his hand in a circular motion having several swords float around him. Following this; Jason is able to keep the several swords floating around himself, using them to conduct numerous other attacks, while integrating even more swords as he continues; the violent manner in which these respective blades are initially launched and the relevant sharpness of their construction, means that they are able to pierce most materials with relative ease in order to inflict a large amount of damage. However, the true culmination of this technique is only demonstrated when another subsequent strike is conducted after the blades prior impalement, which results in the swords simultaneously undergoing a vicious slicing motion that is capable of completely bifurcating the intended target into multiple distinct pieces, devastating the victim due to the tremendous severity of the numerous wounds. After the abilities completion the swords do not dissipate but instead continue to hover around Jason's body, just like the rest of his Hundred One-Sword Style techniques. The technique itself is extremely versatile, combining both a powerful defense with an overwhelming offense, while still retaining the ability to effortlessly switch between the two. This is due largely through allowing Jason to perform his other attacks more easily while making it difficult for an opponent to engage them at close range, due to the presence of these adjacent swords.
- Gladius Dente (グラヂウス デンツ, Guradiusu Dentu, Latin for "Sword Fang"): Jason begins this attack by hitting three swords that had been previously positioned standing parallel to each other. By simultaneously hitting these swords near their sunken tips, it causes all three of them to slash upwards, in a manner reminiscent of a "fang". As Jason has such an advanced level in both skill and accuracy, the swords can be precisely positioned so as they drop inside the opponents guard, making it almost impossible to avoid the subsequent attack without releasing their weapons first. While using Tumultuosum Lineam, Jason is able to conduct a version of this technique that features a downwards slash. This is due largely to the fact that the swords are currently in mid-air when the attack is conducted, which means the swords are facing upwards rather than their typical downwards position.
- Verticali Lineam (バーチカリ リニム, Baatikari Rinimu, Latin for "Vertical Line"): Following Jason's Gladius Dente; all three swords momentarily hover in the air, where he will then proceed to use the current sword in their hand to sequentially hit each, thereby launching each of them directly at the enemy. As Jason's held sword makes contact with each individual sword, he announces the number of each strike. The attack itself makes it extremely difficult to avoid damage due to Jason's precise accuracy, which leaves hardly any room for the opponent to conduct a successful parry.
- Infinitum Ultimo (インピニタム アルチモ, Inpinitamu Arutimo, Latin for "Infinity Finale"): Jason's ultimate Hundred One-Sword Technique; when performing it, he summons dozens upon dozens of blades, telekinetically manipulating them into assuming a certain formation, causing the blades to undergo a unique fusion which Jason aids by pumping his magical energy into the two clashing energies, causing it to compress and take the form of a colossal screaming dragon made of steel, demonic looking as its entire body is spiked, creating a fearsome sight to behold. The dragon is for all intents and purposes, very much alive—it has a light-green aura, the energy around it crackles intensely. The moment that the dragon is formed, it seeks out the opponent's attack, taking ahold of its "essence" and targeting their weak point; charging forward with high speeds; reflecting the attack back at his opponent with the added power of the dragon's rush. It has been shown to be immensely powerful, devouring large fragments of rocks and erasing extremely high powered spells with ease. The dragon carves a violent trail of destruction wherever it moves, destroying everything in a straight line as a tornado trails around it as it completely shreds all it devours, as by colliding with most structures and opponents, it is able to deliver over a thousand incredibly painful cuts per second; when it fully collides, the dragon grinds into the opponent like a powerful drill that is capable of piercing through any and every defense; striking them with such incredible power that the sheer force of the attack is enough to upturn steel, and carve his enemies into dust as though sliced with a powerful blade of wind. It is capable of blasting through even magical forms of defenses, as the dragon's movements swaths through the barriers, and supernatural defenses erected in vain to protect them.
Mask of Truth
Mask of Truth (受後罪 (トラスの仮面), Torasu no Kamen lit. Accepting One's Past Sins): The Mask of Truth is a type of Caster Magic and Lost Magic that generates a mask upon Jason's face by drawing on negative emotions. The stronger the emotion that is used to generate the mask, the longer it lasts and stronger the power boost granted by the mask itself. The mask is called the "Mask of Truth" due the effect it has on him. Bearing the mask reveals Jason's most negative traits, possibly because of the fact that it is constructed purely by negative feelings, and the longer he has it on, the worse he begins to act, making it a dangerous magic to use. It turns Jason's "light" into "darkness" in a sense; transforming him into a nigh-unstoppable force of destruction; more often than not turning the tides against his foes in a split-second.
Jason's mask has the appearance of what could best be described as a menacing skull; the mask is pure white with two thick vertical black stripes, each on one half of the mask, which are interrupted by the widened eye-holes and the jaw. He activates it by placing one of his hands over his face, and concentrating spiritual matter on it in order to manifest the mask, summoning the mask in a "ripping" fashion. With the mask in place, Jason's eyes irises become yellow, and he has black sclera and pupils. In addition, his magical energy surges due to the boost of power; manifesting permanently as long as he wears the mask; the aura takes on a jagged, fierce flame-like appearance, pulsing at a high frequency as to create small electrical many electrical sparks that constantly surround his body, especially when charging up. Interestingly, his muscles do not increase in the slightest; but rather, his power is compressed and the energy output is multiplied manifold; such that greater amounts of his increased energy capacity can be used at once for much more powerful attacks without losing too much energy and feeling exhausted later, and even speed is increased proportionally.
Because Jason is such a brooding fellow, the power boosts granted by his usage of the Mask of Truth is phenomenal; entering a state known as "Berserk" (暴走, bōsō, lit. out of control); where he is beyond control, displaying a savage, nearly animalistic battle frenzy in which his strength and capabilities dramatically increase. In this form Jason's personality is slightly more sinister and violent due to the intense negative feelings that the Mask of Truth forces upon him. The naturally remorseless feelings that Jason feels due to the events of his past are magnified, requiring him to remaster the personality changes; something which he had done after the timeskip. Activating Berserk seems to be very taxing upon him, and puts him at great risk for losing human form himself.
After the death and subsequent Junction of Blake Tielmard, Jason's mask changed it's appearance. The changes appeared to be delayed, not properly manifesting until after the latter's battle with Crux Kouga on the shattered pieces of Sirius Island. His new mask appears marginally similar to his old one; alabaster with red stripes. On both sides are three wing-like protrusions, and on the forehead erupts a split-horn, similar in appearance to a rhinoceros beetle. The cause of the change most likely can be attributed to the existence of an additional soul within Jason's body, as well as subtle changes in his own emotions that emerged from training with Miu Gatack in Edolas.
- Enhanced Strength: While using the Mask of Truth, Jason gains a substantial increase in strength, even allowing him to overpower and deflect a beam attack from Vivian's Vritra Mode; which, when deflected, destroyed a mountain just by passing near it. In his first fight with Crux Kouga, he was able to chip his blade momentarily; though it quickly regenerated and Crux was able to easily overpower him. In this form, Jason possesses overwhelming physical strength, enough to send a Wizard Saint's strongest attack back at the foe with brute force alone; busting his way through powerful blasts through sheer brute force alone. His physical strength is also increased vastly, allowing him to smash through large robots, barriers and a Magic Cannon with ease, break enormous metal restraints without effort, and even stun the mightiest of dragons through his power. Additionally, through sheer wind pressure generated by the swing of his sword, Jason is able to destroy things from a distance; however, what should be noted that the wind pressure unleashed via Jason's sword swings are capable of generating miniature tornadoes that destroy nearly everything in the vicinity, howling intensely as the wind devours everything—all from a simple swing of a sword.
- Enhanced Speed: While wearing his mask, Jason's already formidable speed is greatly enhanced; to the point that it has been increased tremendously, nearing twice the speed of sound, he can jump much higher than usual, and he has improved reflexes to match his improved movements. During his battle against Barakiel, Jason's speed completely overwhelmed the Rune Knight, who was unable to follow Jason's movement, and forced him completely on the defensive with his barrage of attacks. His attacks become so fast the opponent cannot even perceive them until after they are hit, becoming so swift that he is capable of outrunning his own attacks, allowing him to launch simultaneous attacks at the opponent from many a angle. His reflexes are also increased to the point where they can match his upgraded movements and those of his foes. With this, Jason can move faster than the eye can see, both on land and through the air. He leaves behind a fast-moving blur of pitch-black and in some cases, after-images. He can also instantaneously close long distances without being detected by others.
- Enhanced Durability, Resistance and Stamina: With the Mask of Truth, Jason's durability is increased greatly. When fighting Crux for the first time, Jason was only able to survive his attacks due to the Mask of Truth; and Crux commented if he had not done so, he would have slaughtered Jason like an ant. The Mask of Truth enables him to withstand several large explosions at close range with no visible damage, and his skin and hands are strong enough to catch and hold onto an enormous blast of light, without any damage inflicted on him. With the Mask of Truth being worn, Jason is immune to diseases, poisons, and gases that can paralyze or kill humans and animals, as well as that of supernatural beings. Additionally, the Mask of Truth grants him an extremely strong resistance to magic; it is capable of completely neutralizing magic of many types, allowing Jason to charge in without fear to quickly determine the outcome of the battle with a slash. This is especially true against those who dedicate their lives to practicing and unlocking the mysteries of magic, putting him at an overwhelming advantage and giving them little chance of victory should they face his directly, as spells instantly disappear simply from coming into contact with him.
- Chain (チェイン, Chein): An unnamed technique; at first, it enabled Jason to control his sword with his thoughts, bringing Gehaburn to his hand the moment that he loses it. However, over time, Jason's usage of this technique has expanded; with it, he is capable of freely manipulating the movements of all matter with his thoughts, no matter the distance between him and his desired object, or size. Jason is able to levitate himself and very large items. He can even turn objects from one thing to another. He can stop the movements of all projectiles with a single thought, and even reflect them back at their user with ease. Two weaknesses of this is that Jason requires visual contact with his object of choice, and another is that he cannot manipulate more than ten objects at a time, and Jason is able to use Chain to levitate his sword and use it to strike his opponents from afar, as well as call his weapon back to his hand. What should be noted is that despite its numerous appearances, Jason never once names it—the name is just for reference.
- Enhanced Regeneration: When utilizing the Mask of Truth, Jason's pure fighting spirit and eminence output of the aura of his negativity, which allows Jason to achieve a continuous state of regeneration; healing over time, even if he is wounded. When expelling the Mask of Truth momentarily, the magical pressure unleashed from the expulsion of sheer negative energy shoots above him, before plummeting down as healing energy which heals him significantly; as he is even capable of regenerating lost limbs. With the Mask of Truth activated, Jason is even capable of repairing small amounts of damage inflicted upon his mask in order to keep fighting in this enhanced state.
- Enhanced Senses: When wearing the Mask of Truth, Jason exhibits extremely heightened senses, particularly his sense of smell. He can discern characteristics of most objects through scent, such as the undead Band of Seven through the scent of graveyard soil and pure-demon blood from half-demon blood. Through smell alone, Jason can follow events transpiring far away or which have already transpired. He is shown to be able to hear what people are whispering from great distances. Likewise, his sense of smell is shown to be extremely sensitive - he can smell hints of blood from kilometers away and can detect the presence of people by smell long before they can be seen. Besides the five basic senses, Jason's ability in sensing other's auras are exceptional; being able to "see" the types of magic that those around him utilize; as well as sense hostile intentions.
- Negativity Shield: The Negativity Shield is a technique that creates a "jail-like" shield imbued with loathsome emotions. It is formed by Jason using his sword as a conduit for his negative emotions, before stabbing it into the ground; this causes several helixes of dark emotions to spike up from the ground, erupting loudly with a notable sound—they then solidify into the jail-shape commonly seen in the technique's application. It is normally an invisible barrier but becomes visible to the naked eye when colliding with other things. It is mainly used as an almost impenetrable shield; only the most powerful weapons are capable of breaching it, and even then, damage to Jason is generally minimal. Rather than traditional force-fields, the Negativity Shield behaves more like membranes and twist and tear as such when it is penetrated. The shield is difficult to break and serves as a protection from outside forces, stronger with the emotion or memory that was used to create it. Notably, a positive force can destroy it utterly. The Negativity Shield can also be used to form a massive spike composed of pure dark energy, which is even able to stab through another magic-composed barrier with ease.
- Abhorrence Blast (アブホーレンス ブラスト, Abuhorensu Burasuto): One of Jason's most powerful attacks; he focuses negative emotions into his blade, which strengthens the power of the technique, if not downright fuelling it, before thrusting his blade forward—launching an enormous, crimson beam of pure negative energy at his opponent. This attack hits multiple times before a big finisher that has significant killing power. Jason can angle the beam sideways during both the windup and the launch, which is a decent way to catch un-hit enemies, although angling can also free trapped targets, which otherwise cannot escape. Very much like Crushing Hatred Sphere, Abhorrence Blast has greater power if Jason has taken a good amount of damage. Along with its astounding destructive power, the attack has a delayed effect if the initial blast should fail, wherein the target will be blasted by residual effects left over by Abhorrence Blast. While not as overwhelming as the initial blast, the after-effect can catch foes off guard; possibly inflicting even more damage due to the element of surprise coming at them hard and fast. Jason's tremendous speed lets him to move faster than this attack, allowing him to fire multiple blasts from different directions.
- Crushing Hatred Sphere (クルシング ハトレド スペー, Kurusingu Hatoredo Supearu): A powerful attack of Jason's when utilizing the Mask of Truth; Jason puts his hands together in front of himself and forms a black and purple orb of energy with black static around it in between them. He then raises his hands above his head and the orb grows as large as his body. Jason then throws the ball at the opponent. It can be charged, and while doing so, any other fighter who touches the sphere takes a small amount of damage. Jason can also continue to hold the sphere after it is fully charged, allowing it to take advantage of its damage dealing ability, or store it for later use. The sphere charges relatively fast, around 1.5 seconds. When fully charged, the Crushing Hatred Sphere travels in a straight line but when fired without charging flies in an up-and-down wave motion. The damage output of the Crushing Hatred Sphere changes dramatically as Jason takes damage, but it all depends on the amount of damage he has taken before attacking with it. In addition, the sphere's size, when fully charged, is quite different when Jason has taken more damage; at near death; it could be four times as big as his body. Upon impact, the Crushing Hatred Sphere detonates violently, causing a decent-sized explosion that cause reduce an area to rubble. What should be taken into consideration is a rather surprising side-effect- the Crushing Hatred Sphere is known to be a magic collection attack and thus becomes far more powerful the later it's used. It is most useful when activated towards the end of a battle between high-level opponents, since the area will be saturated with excess energy from their attacks. It is a recycling of the magical particles just used and spread over the battlefield. Therefore, even though Jason has been exhausted from magical energy, the ability can still be invoked.
- Fata Divum (
夜空魔骨騎, Pata Dibamu, Latin for "Doom of the Gods", Japanese for "Night Sky Demonic Skull Knight"): The darkest side-effect of using the Mask of Truth. As it is described, the Mask of Truth is just what it seems, a mask that reveals the user's true nature. For many users, this doesn't have an adverse effects, though it may increase aggression. For someone like Jason, who buries his emotions and feelings under a mask of tranquility and apathy, an overuse of the mask is dangerous. The mask, while increasing aggression, brings all of their negative emotions to the front, and the impact on their soul can cause them to devolve into a mindless creature hellbent on destruction. When this form is activated, the users wounds completely heal, and any missing limbs are regenerated, as shown by Jason when the bones, muscle, and skin of the arm Crux cut off were reformed. When it comes to appearance, in Jason's case, his emotions cause him to take on a form similar in physical build to his own, with long straight hair, reaching down to his waist, and a large hole in the center of his chest, from which a large, red X expands to his shoulders and sides, and up to his mask. He has retractable claws on his fingertips and toes, as well as white skin. In this new form, Jason's mask is different, as it covers his entire head, and it's markings thicken and extend, going past his chin and joining with the marks on his chest. The mask features two long forward-pointing horns, easily able to pierce the flesh. This form increases Jason's physical strength, durability, speed, and magical power, placing him a little under his own Limit Break. Despite this form's strength, it was unable to defeat Crux.
- Darkness Hell Crash (ダークネスヘルクラッシュ, Dākunesu Heru Kurasshu): This technique remains unnamed due to the state that Fata Divum places Jason in; but nevertheless, it remains extremely powerful, easily surpassing anything that Jason had access to at the time of activation. When performing this technique; Jason channels his magical energy into his hand, which acts as an attractive force at his will to pull matter towards him. In this case, this attractive force tears a massive, inflamed meteorite from the upper atmosphere down towards Jason; who then crushes the meteorite with sheer magical pressure; breaking it down into magical particles which he then harnesses and concentrates to unleash a powerful beam of black and crimson energy from his palms. The intense concentration of energy which is released from this attack creates devastating energy attack capable of annihilating anything; the sheer power of the attack is capable of vaporizing multiple mountains in a single shot.
Second Origin Unlock
Limit Break (リミト ブリク Rimito Buriku): A Holder-type Magic utilised by Jason. Due to the Lacrima inside his body, and his general inexperience in drawing on it's immense magical powers, due to the strain it would put on his body. Due to this, Mr. E crafted "Limiters" for Jason when they first met, and keeping these limiters on his body suppresses the total amount of magical power he can use. However, when Jason removes these limiters, he enters something called "Limit Break", where all of his magic is release in powerful surge that transforms his body and even his weapon, granting his a huge increase in his abilities that far outstrips that of his Mask of Truth. At Jason's current skill level, his "Limit Break" is only maintainable for an hour, but he himself guarantees a death to occur when he releases it.
After the timeskip, Jason has obtained a new type of limiter; one that reverses the properties of Limit Break's function. Instead of containing his power as the red things Jason wore on his wrists, ankles, and neck cut his magic energy by more than half, since his body at first wasn't able to handle the massive amount of magic his lacrima produced. Removing these limiters induced a transformation that enabled Jason to access all of his magic for a short period of time, boosting his physical abilities to their then maximum; however, this variant of Limit Break does not "break" the limit, but instead "condenses" the limit, reaching an "overlimit"; this thins out the magical energy which he is gathering and merely lumps it together with other particles; enabling for more condensed, finer control.
Ironically, by compressing his magical power, Jason undergoes a process known as Second Origin Activation (二番原解放, Nibangen Kaihō), which unlocks the second "Container" for his Magic power that is largely unused, called the Second Origin. This is activated through the sudden influx of magical energy into his body, causing the Second Origin to naturally release to prevent the body from being overwhelmed from an excess of foreign magical particles. Due to Jason's half-Edolan nature, he could never access the First Origin; instead in its place is the Lacrima—thanks to his other half nature, when he obtained the new Limit Break, it skipped straight from First Origin to Secord Origin. Additionally, thanks to his half-human nature, Jason's Second Origin is truly unique—unlike others, whose Second Origins are permanently activated, thanks to a combination of his half-human nature and the new powers of the new Limit Break, this Limit Break is permanently active, hence the term "overlimit". When his Second Origin is unlocked, it grants Jason the level of control that he shows over his magical energy when utilizing Limit Break is truly impressive. Generally, in this state, it appears as if several emerald wisps of magical energy trail off of his body.
- Precise Magic Control: As Jason's magical energy has been finely tuned; while it is still extraordinarily powerful; the compressed nature of his magical energy enables him to control it effortlessly. Stemming from its condensed status, Jason has shown to be capable of utilizing his magical energy to its maximum efficiency without wasting a single ounce of it. Another interesting fact is that, a result from his control over his energy, Jason is able to keep in battle for prolonged periods of time. His magical control is to the extent that he can manipulate it so effortlessly—controlling the eternano within the atmosphere as if it were a natural extension of his body; wresting control of anything that is born from eternano within seconds and subjugating it to his will, utilizing it in order to boost his offense power tremendously. Theoretically, as long as it is eternano based, Jason can wrest control of it—however, he cannot take the magical energy of particularly powerful opponents.
- Eternano Combat: An application of his precise control over eternano; it enables Jason to harm an opponent without the need to make physical contact. In order to harm his foe from afar, Jason takes control of the eternano in the atmosphere; and then projects it outwards in the form of sword slashes, punches and kicks whenever he also makes such movements; the power effectively acted to extend his physical body in combat. Jason can also choose to attack with less than full strength, in order to stun rather than injure. A target could defend against the eternano combat as though it were a standard attack. The power can be used against any opponent within Jason's line of sight, and is easier to use against nearer opponents; the use of eternano combat is extremely dangerous—as it enables him to attack from any distance, leaving the opponent unsure or not whether they can deflect the next attack. His attacks appear to home in on his current target and can be used to attack from a distance; this makes sure that there's absolutely zero chances of any magical defense measures that can hold off Jason's blow—as it witnesses all forms of offense and defense as a singular concept, and thus, it treats the foe's own power as a medium for Jason's attacks.
Junction (接合, Setsugō): A unique Magic Skill; created when Blake Tielmard merged with him, integrating her within his body. This allows Jason to replicate the powers Gehaburn as he once did; filtering out magic (known as drawing) from a Gehaburn and storing it ready to be used by Jason. This allows Jason to possess near superhuman abilities, such as increased speed and strength, as well as being able to use magic. When Gehaburn and Jason are merged, two kinds of beings are brought together, and since Jason possesses a comparable consciousness, Gehaburn will lose her solid form and can only manifest for limited periods of time while the merging is occurring; giving Jason superhuman strength and enhancing his body functions. During a successful merge, striking hair or pupil colour changes become apparent, and it will even change the colour of clothing Jason is wearing at the time. Jason can always initiate telepathic contact with Gehaburn. However, in the case that he loses consciousness or Gehaburn for any other reason has to assume full control over their shared body, Gehaburn creates a so-called "Internal Space" (内部空間, Naibu Kūkan, pocket dimension), where Jason can communicate with her in safety and even recuperate.
- Demonic Element Fierce God: Griever (魔素鬼神・グリーヴァ, Masokishin: Gurīva): Griever is the name of Jason and Gehaburn's Junction. When it is manifested; Jason's clothing is replaced with a long-sleeved, ankle-length black coat (with red lining, which is closed at his chest and left to flare out into ragged ends. He wears a white undershirt beneath his coat, which is now open. Held together by three "x"-shaped marks, it ends in a number of coattails. Jason wears black gloves, with white "x"-shaped marks appear on both the gloves and his forearms. This coat is part of the Junction, and the damage it can take is directly proportionate to the remaining strength and level of Jason's magical energy. Additionally, as part of Gehaburn's additions to the Junction, Jason gains crimson blade-like protrusions on his arms, and wings that are bat-like, yet have white feathers instead of leathery membrane. An aura of darkness constantly surrounds him, textured in black and crimson; Jason can control aura around his body manipulating it into arms, weapons, and even barriers. This aura also enhances the magical blast he common releases from his blades. In this state, the strength and health drain granted by Jason's Soul Eater are massively boosted, and without the gradual health loss. Griever is very similar to Jason's old Demon Form - Gehaburn, the Shadow Blade transformation; however, it is noted to be substantially more powerful due to the bond of control that Jason exerted over Gehaburn to be changed into a bond of understanding; and thus, Gehaburn has granted Jason her full power.
- Darkness Magic (闇の魔法, Yami no Mahō): Just like in his Shadow Blade form, in his Junctioned form, Jason can control the darkness around his body manipulating it into arms, weapons, and even barriers. With the shadows, Jason is also able to fade himself into shadows to move swiftly, dodging efficiently and making surprise attacks. However, if he is caught while in a tangible form, or by another person in shadow form, he is then vulnerable to attack. The shadows produced by Greiver are able to be utilized in several different ways, allowing for a high level of adaptability; the shadows are able to be released in freeform, as condensed, or even molded into the shape of a weapon, taking on the properties of said chosen shape. The shadows possess a physical form used for destroying objects, blocking enemies' attacks and picking up objects, as Jason shapes his attacks into the form of ghostly apparitions, which he can use in various ways.
Sleep Magic: (眠りの魔法, Nemuri no Mahō): Sleep Magic is a Caster-type Magic which enables Jason the ability to induce sleep on single or multiple targets. It may be accomplished through the flick of his bare hand. When performing it, Jason creates a bubble-like bullet which he compresses on his finger; before flicking the target, immediately inducing sleep upon them. Sleep Magic was utilized on Vivian Starrkewolfe to make her rest after her transformation ordeal. It hasn't been used since.
Empathy (共感 Kyōkan): An ability Jason was taught by Miu Gatack; Empathy is the ability to sense and understand other people's feelings, emotions, and desires. The most basic ability of Empathy is emotion sensing either through focus or automatically; after three months, Jason seems to excel in this area the most, and it works almost passively. He is able to sense the killing intent of the Būjin Gaiki from miles away, and not only that, but the darkness that makes up it's existence; showing his Empathy extends far past the basic sensing of emotions. With enough focus, however, Jason can sense even the intention behind an emotion; if someone is feeling scared or terrified, he is able to feel precisely why. Notably, Jason is also able to project his own emotions onto other individuals, shown during his encounter with a frightened village child, he projected his sincere intentions directly into her mind, while at the same time feeling her total and complete fear, showing, with contact, he can form an emotional link with others. Notably, for certain individuals like Erebos, who are possessed, and therefore in more than one mind, Jason cannot sense their emotions at all, and it comes off as a false positive; he can only feel a blank slate of sincerity from them that can often prove to be misleading, as shown with Erebos herself.
Barrier Magic (関の魔法 Seki no Mahō): A powerful Caster Type Magic, related to the manifestation of shields and barriers, stemming from Jason's swords. In addition to the Darkness Magic abilities wielded by the Ekitokuan, they were blessed with a second, additional ability; to create an immensely powerful barrier capable of deflecting nearly any form of attack. As is the case with his Darkness Magic, his Barrier Magic manifests as an ability in both of his blades, however, it has different strengths and weaknesses depending on the blade used to manifest the barrier. Shataiyō (遮太陽, Shielding Sun), the smaller blade, is primarily the blade used for shielding. Jason first uses a small amount of his own magical energy as a 'magnet' of sorts, relying on his Esper abilities to pull in Eternano from the surrounding area. Jason then channels it through his blade, expelling it from the edge of the blade through any motion with his sword; this erects a barrier, usually triangular in shape. Shataiyō gives Jason the ability to form the barrier, as well as choose a location and size of the defensive wall, but he lacks any control over it using Shataiyō alone.
Thus, Hagetsu (発月, Blasting Moon), Jason's offensive weapon, comes into play. By utilizing Hagetsu, Jason is capable of mentally controlling an already erected barrier, fitting it to his exact specifications. Size, shape, Hagetsu can control the barrier down to the most minute detail. Using Hagetsu reveals Jason's most remarkable use of Barrier Magic; an offensive force of destruction. To anyone that knows Jason, they are aware he's not a defensive player; he is an outright force of nature. Hagetsu manifests this part of him in his use of barriers, and by manipulating the constructs as he chooses; rectangular planes, cylinders, globes, domes, cones, etc. The complexity of the shape is limited by Jason's to imagine, as in, mentally visualize a particular form and keep it in sharp mental focus; with proper focus, he can even encase limbs in barriers, conducting an impromptu amputation.
Through Hagetsu, the smallest force projection Jason can visualize and maintain the visualization is the size of a marble. The largest solid force projection he can visualize and maintain is about 100 feet in diameter. He can project larger force-objects if they are hollow. Small objects at high speeds become missiles; large objects at slow speeds become rams.
The unique trait of Jason's barriers is they are the one ability he cannot increase through a desire to kill. They are entirely reliant instead his will to protect his comrades; a trait that burns strong within Jason's heart. Due to the fact that his conviction never wavers, Jason's barriers are nearly always at their maximum potential, and he considers them a manifestation of will (意志 ishi). As it were, this is not far from the truth; the Barrier Magic utilized by Jason is fueled by his human nature, and not his Esper half. Contrary to common belief, it is when a human fights to protect something important to them in which they gain true strength; these moments of selflessness are the mark of humanity. Jason's barriers siphon this human power, and convert it into an unrivalled protective force.
Thought Projection (思念体 Shinentai): A Caster-type magic that allows Jason to create a physical copy of his body. Its not known precisely when Jason learned this magic, though it can be assumed he learned it during his training with Miu Gatack. While Thought Projection typically creates an illusory copy that lacks complete physical substance, Jason's skill with the magic has refined it to the highest possible level: corporeal copies as opposed to intangible illusions. While they lose the aspect of being indestructible, this form of Thought Projection is capable of fighting alongside Jason, retaining his physical strength, durability, and speed. Jason's magic power becomes evenly divided when he creates a Thought Projection in this manner; creating one divides his power in half, two divides it into fourths, and so on, and as such, each Projection as well as Jason retain a fraction of the entity's normal power. If Jason is low on magical energy, or creates multiple Thought Projections — a difficult, but not impossible feat — he can potentially run his magical limits dry. However, in Jason's case, this isn't as much of a detriment as it would seem, due to his immense amount of magical energy that makes the division so small it's negligible when the amount of duplicates are kept to a manageable level.
While Jason typically creates Thought Projections in the same vicinity as himself, to aid him in battle, he can create projections at a large distance, to send messages. These Projections are typically intangible, basic Projections, but can be altered into physical copies, splitting Jason's magical energy, if the need to fight arises. As the Projections are physical, they are fully capable of fighting alongside Jason himself, performing his techniques, and working in concert with the original body to create a form of teamwork.
Former Magical Abilities
Limit Break (リミト ブリク Rimito Buriku) A Holder-type Magic utilised by Jason. Due to the Lacrima inside his body, and his general inexperience in drawing on it's immense magical powers, due to the strain it would put on his body. Due to this, Mr. E crafted "Limiters" for Jason when they first met, and keeping these limiters on his body suppresses the total amount of magical power he can use.
However, when Jason removes these limiters, he enters something called "Limit Break", where all of his magic is release in powerful surge that transforms his body and even his weapon, granting his a huge increase in his abilities that far outstrips that of his Mask of Truth. At Jason's current skill level, his "Limit Break" is only maintainable for an hour, but he himself guarantees a death to occur when he releases it. As of the timeskip, Jason's training enables his body to handle the amount of magic his lacrima constantly produces, and as such, no longer requires limiting his own potential.
RelationshipsDosaman Ghasulchaonlor, buried outside of his run down laboratory. In a display of tranquil fury at the treatment of the child, Jason slaughtered Dosaman, and invited the child to follow him. Since then, Wendy has stuck close to Jason, relying on him for everything, much like a child would a parent, despite their relationship being different from that. At the start of the story, Jason and Wendy were technically each other's whole worlds, the only other person they had, until they encountered Vivian Starrkewolfe. Jason is willing to go to extreme lengths to protect Wendy, and is not above wanton destruction of the landscape and innocent bystanders if her own safety; something shown numerous times through the story, beginning with the utter destruction of the Magic Council detainment facility and the Rune Knights who served there. As Wendy matured over the course of Dawn, she resolved to be not rely merely on Jason to protect her, but to also protect him, most notably from Mr. E himself, and is not above actually threatening the man if she thinks Jason's on wellbeing is at stake. She frequently is seen as jealous of Jason's affections and attentions to other women in the harem; even when she didn't understand the idea of a harem at first, what she did know was she disliked the additional women in Jason's life.
Post time-skip, Wendy remains as close to Jason as ever, and, due to her maturity, is intent on furthering their relationship to the levels of the other women within his harem, showing a forwardness she lacked as a child.
The second person Jason the opportunity to meet in a friendly capacity in Earthland, Vivian is one of the Akatsuki members that is closest to Jason. While initially bitter towards each other, Vivian and Jason are the founding members of the Akatsuki Indepedent Guild, and he quickly grew to trust her before anyone else within the higher members of the Guild. They initially met as something resembling enemies, due to Vivian being part of the Rune Knight squadron which made the foolish decision of capturing Wendy. During his breakout, Vivian, with a little persuasion on Jason's part, assisted him in his reclaiming of Wendy, and escape from the Magic Council Prison. It was after this fortuitous escape that Vivian decided, due to having nowhere to go, to join Jason and Wendy, becoming the co-founder of Akatsuki.
Despite still being at odds even after the forming of Akatsuki, their continued missions together, as well as the arrival of Iris Lavra, Vivian and Jason seemed to be growing closer, gradually adjusting to the other's presence in their lives. Jason quickly began to value Vivian as a companion to the same degree he valued Wendy. Vivian herself, on the other hand, while grateful for his assistance in protecting her and several other incidents, didn't think much of him—only seeing him as an annoying helper when she didn't really need assistance at all. However, Vivian, being the quintessential tsundere, was actually in deep denial—slowly, but surely, her true feelings crept to the surface. Jason is someone who values his comrades, due to a life a never having any before Wendy, and Vivian's safety quickly became a priority. When Vivian began to lose herself to her Vritra transformation, Jason was more than willing to stake his own life on reversing it and returning the girl to normal, and when he succeeded (by kissing her no less), his embrace for Vivian showed the amount of affection he had developed for the girl over time.
By Part II, Jason outright admits that he cares for Vivian on the level of Mary and Iris, both who see Vivian as their sister-figure, and as it turns out, over the past seven years, Jason has developed feelings of guilt for his initial cold treatment of Vivian, especially since he essentially backed her into a corner when offering her a chance to accompany him, as well as the fact that he could not save her before she was taken by Kagemusha. These feelings do not, however, cloud his better judgement when Jason had to choose between rescuing Vivian or Gaikou Ryuusei first. When Akatsuki had rescued Vivian from the clutches of Kagemusha, Vivian, in a moment of weakness, did admit her feelings for him—as she so fervently tried to repress, finally completing the romance arc of the two.
The girl who completes Jason's initial "trio" of women, Iris Lavra is the energetic, if overzealous, childhood friend of Vivian Starrkwolfe. Iris and Jason meet as unlikely (and surprising) allies in the first arc of the series as Iris declares that she will protect Vivian once more, Iris' focus on Jason apparently began when he grabbed her tail; an action that induces immense pleasure in individuals of Iris' species. Iris and Jason's relationship could be described as that of a Master and their pet with the added benefits of humanoid bodies, however, Jason cares for Iris as much as Wendy and Vivian and will go to great lengths to ensure her safety. However, the relations between the two goes much deeper; as Iris's race feels a connection to Jason's own—a destined link, if one will.
However, Iris mainly thinks of herself as below Jason in standings, despite being very much physically more powerful than him—while the two begin to interact more when Vivian is not around, Iris shows a more playful side other than a straight-out spaz. Nevertheless, Jason's presence has made her think of herself as a human being, not some glorified attack animal. However, over the course of seven years, with Vivian's kidnapping, Iris had become far more serious—and while Jason's decision to save Gaikou Ryuusei did manage to get the squirrel girl to flip her shit, so to speak, she does respect Jason still, albeit begrudgingly. Once Vivian is safe and sound, she reverts back to her normal personality, acting like nothing happened and she didn't gain a sour attitude; whenever Jason brings it up, she sheepishly denies such things, much to his annoyance.
Perhaps one of the most interesting of Jason's relationships to date, Mr. E was the first person Jason encountered in Earthland. As soon as he had fallen from the Reverse Anima, Jason's first encounter was the mysterious man in the baboonskin cloak. Despite his initial misgivings, Jason accepted E's invitation, and followed him to where the man resided with a mysterious young woman. From Mr. E, Jason learned how to channel the magical power created by the lacrima that had been implanted within his body, and trained under him to learn proper methods of fighting. Mr. E also crafted the limiters worn by Jason, which helped control his magical energies to keep them from destroying his body.
After several years passed, Mr. E became the benefactor of Jason's independent Guild, Akatsuki, thus being the true head, while Jason and the rest could merely be considered pawns. Despite this, however, Mr. E is a benevolent boss is anything, and seems intent on keeping Jason and his comrades alive.
Ever since her past incarnation, Blake harbored intense hatred and distrust against humans, and was constantly plotting her revenge against Jason for sealing her within his blade. However, once she was released from the sword, Jason decided to treat her as a human being, not a mass of hatred. This convinced Blake that Jason was different from the humans she had previously encountered, eventually allowing him to utilize the Gehaburn's full power even despite the broken link. The two actually begin to develop a new link—not based upon dominance, but more upon that of friendship and trust; this leads Blake to change for the better as she calls Jason her "equal".
Twins whom Jason saved from slavery, only to become...slaves. In a sort of way—only this time, the duo seem rather delighted with their predicament. Even so, the two remain fanatically loyal to their new owner, and will try and help them in any way that they can. Interestingly, due to their origins, the twins see him in the very same light as each other despite being polar opposites—naturally, they see him as a godlike figure without equal; serving him to his every whim—even when he doesn't want to be served. Interestingly, the third side of the coin that is their true self has a few words to say about LaHote.
Perhaps the second most prominent of Jason's relationships—ironically getting off to a rocky start, Momoko introduced herself to the group by attacking them out of the blue, seeing them as nothing but intruders. However, she was barely placated and as the group learned more about the Aquila Tribe, more and more of Momoko's past was revealed; as Momoko obeyed the laws to a T, down to wearing her mask; removal of the mask by a male opponent would result in her instantly getting married to him, or killing him if she did not wish to. However, as Iris notices, she is having a lot of trouble because of obeying too much. After waking up to see Momoko mask-less, Momoko tried to kill Jason, however; she failed. In the end, she decided to stop being too strict upon herself, starting with taking off her mask—as Jason convinced her to walk her own path, and not follow some age-old traditions.
Even though that Jason had seen her face, Momoko decides that she has no intent to either love or kill him; though she does become a member of Akatsuki soon after. However, despite her intent to not love him, she begins falling for him as "Momoko Sitri", not "Amazoness Momoko"; and while he is sometimes annoyed by her technobabble and gushing over archeology sites, Jason sees Momoko as somebody dependable. After the timeskip, she has become less focused on machines, and more worrying about him—meaning that she has opened up to him even more.
An...interesting relationship exists between these two. Almost polar opposites in personality—and stature, Jason and Hanako are almost constantly bickering. Despite the conflict, there is an attraction. This is obvious to everyone around except Hanako. Confront her with the obvious, and she will deny it until her voice gives out. She refuses to absolutely admit that she is attracted to him, and thus, endless fighting equals love, quite possibly. Despite this, Jason actually tries to serve as a leash on Hanako's more destructive traits, such as her sadistic nature which implores her to attack small animals or hurt people for absolutely no reason other than boredom. She, in turn, has actually displayed concern for him many times, but each time, she will not admit that she cares—a classic example of the tsundere to many.
Olivia is the guild's bartender and overall, the caretaker of the wacky individuals that preside within the Akatsuki guild. While mostly remaining in the background, it has been noted more than a few times that the two have a wordless connection which allows the duo to work to the best of their ability—as Olivia manages the guild, Jason is more often than not out adventuring, and the two know each other well enough to know that everything will be alright. Olivia also finds Jason rather handsome, and the way that he came across to her when they first met—being caring and compassionate underneath his stoic façade. As seven years passed; Olivia and Jason's relationship is one of the few within Akatsuki which was left untouched; the two interact as they normally have; but their bond is much greater than before. Overall, Olivia is one of the few Akatsuki members that Jason can consistently rely upon.
Jason and Solele met back when Jason was a "vigilante"; as she actually managed to save him from a squad of knights who were after him due to his actions against the corrupt government. Despite being a member of an illegal guild, Jason and Solele did indeed hit it off—in fact, it is rumored that Solele was Jason's "first", though the definition of such is hard to say, as in "girlfriend", or "bed partner", or something along those lines. Either way, despite her general stuffiness, she was known to be very loving, in the sense that despite her attitude, she did indeed care for the man. When Jason was captured by the government, Solele was supposed to meet him on the same day, but since he was imprisoned, she felt rather stood-up by the orange-haired vigilante.
While to her, it seemed that Jason forgot that Solele even existed—however, the truth was much, much kinder; as he made sure that she would not become imprisoned by the government as the punishment is far worse for females—and since the Esper race is endangered as it is, that could quite possibly mean the extinction of the race as people knew it. In other words, he lied to her to save her life; though Solele's bitterness intensified as she vowed to get him back for "leading her on"; and to this day, she had wanted revenge. Or so it seemed—she always had a soft spot for him, but she was just damn mad.
Other Guild Members
As the Guild Master of Akatsuki, Jason is known to have a decent relationship with the more minor members of the guild; once more, several females are in love with him—Ono Otsū sees him as her "shogun", Chelia Blendy is in a love-hate phase with Jason, Chiyome Mochizuki serves him as the guild's personal maid, Erza Kazoraem is known to be tsundere towards Jason, Scylla seems to see the man as a shining example of humanity, and even though Gaikou Ryuusei looks upon Jason with disdain (though she does that to everyone), there is some unspoken connection, as Jason chose Gaikou's safety over Vivian's as she was captured. Jason is irritated by Elmenhilde Tepes's princess-ish attitude; something that she will never cease, and Makoto Lorelei seems to fangirl all over him. The males respect Jason for his leadership, however, other than that, they don't seem to interact much.
- Jason had existed on the wikia for nearly a full year before being put into use as a main character. His article was created September 30, 2011, and he debuted as a main character September 4, 2012.
- Jason, much like Wendy, wasn't created by Darkrai with the intent to actually be used.
- If Fairy Tail: Dawn was an anime, Jason's seiyū would be Showtaro Morikubo, and his English voice actor would be Blake Shepard. While donning his Mask of Truth, Jason's voice actors would change: his seiyū would be Unshō Ishizuka and his English voice actor would be Neil Kaplan.
- The story of Jason and Gehaburn slightly resembles that of Tachibana Dōsetsu, a samurai who possessed the famous sword called Chidori (千鳥; Literally meaning "A Thousand Birds"). However, when he cut a bolt of lighting and killed the Thuner God inside, he renamed the blade Raikiri (雷切; Literally meaning "Lightning Cutter"). Jason was a similar case, albeit his sword was nameless until he slayed the demonic creature "Gehaburn", and had his sword take on the name of the demon.
- Ironically, Jason cares highly for Nakama, despite Darkrai stating many times he dislikes Natsu for the same reason. Jason, however, is not as obnoxious about it, which could explain why.
- Jason's theme #1 is MASK by Aqua Timez, and his theme #2 is Closer, by Inoue Joe.
- The colour of Jason's limiters has been inconsistent in artwork displayed; occasionally, they appear to be black, and at other times, they appear to be red. The official colour of the limiters, as stated by Darkrai, are red.
- Jason's use of garrotte wire at the tender age of 14 was inspired by Walter C. Dornez of the Hellsing series, who specializes in wire as well, and also was an very accomplished killer at the age of 14.
- Astrologically, Jason and Olivia make for a perfect match; their signs are Pisces and Virgo respectively, these two signs, according to horoscopes, are a perfect match for each other. This is deliberately in reference to the loyalty Olivia has to Jason and vice versa; both trust the other without question.
- Jason's stats are: