Reflector (屈折 (リフレクター), Rifurekutā lit. Refractive) is a Caster Magic that allows the user to reflect various things and use it against their opponent.
Reflector is a form of Magic which enables its user to twist and distort almost anything. It can affect both material things, such as metal, and intangible entities, such as air and light. Such Magic possesses both great offensive and defensive capabilities: by refracting air, the user is capable of generating highly-destructive flying slashes of various sizes, which possess great cutting power. By twisting anything entering the immediate area surrounding them, the user becomes virtually immune to any attack, be it physical or Magical in nature, with every incoming spell or melee assault having its trajectory moved in order to avoid striking the user, who can even reflect these attempts back at their originators. By refracting light, the user is even capable of generating illusions, going as far as to twist reality itself in the eyes of their opponents. Reflector appears to be a very powerful form of Magic, with even Jellal Fernandes, a former member of the Ten Wizard Saints, praising it.
In spite of its undeniable advantages, however, this Magic suffers from several drawbacks: first, the user is capable of twisting anything aside from human bodies. Second, the user can only use their refracting powers on a single area at a time, either around themselves or elsewhere. Third, the user can momentarily twist objects with elastic properties, but these attempts will ultimately result in being ineffective towards restraining or harming the opponent, with the effected material eventually returning to its normal state. Finally, the illusions generated by the user are incapable of effecting individuals who possess artificial eyes. Reflector can also be used in conjunction with other forms of Magic: by employing it alongside Darkness Magic, Midnight was able to surpass the repelling power of Dan Straight's shield Ricochet by reflecting back the spell it had just repelled; he used a similar combination when pitted against Byro Cracy, refracting the range of the man's Nullification Magic and then assaulting him while he was temporarily defenseless with his Darkness Magic.
- Distort Blade: By manipulating air with their Reflector, the user can generate blades formed of air, which can be utilized as a ranged attack by sending them flying towards a target. The generated slicing waves can vary in size and numbers, ranging from ones a small as a few inches; to larger ones capable of leaving long slashes on massive opponents. By waving one of their hands diagonally before themselves, the user can also generate a much larger slash, which is strong enough to easily slice through several stone buildings, cutting them to pieces.
- Invisibility: Not really a spell but more so an ability. By distorting the light around themselves, the user is capable of hiding away their body, effectively vanishing from sight in a blueish flash and then becoming invisible, something which allows them to move around unnoticed. While in such form, the user also shown capable of levitating in the air, rapidly appearing and disappearing from sight as if he was teleporting. However, it should be noted that perceptive Eye Magic such as Heaven's Eye can still spot hidden users.
- Distort Shield: Before an incoming attack can reach them, the user twists it, distorting its trajectory and sending it elsewhere, thus remaining unscathed. The user can perform this spell without so much as a single movement, and, by affecting the area around their person, can flawlessly shield themselves from large barrages of fast-moving attacks, which can even be redirected to be sent back to the one who employed them. A master of this technique can even utilize it to reflexively distort incoming attacks while asleep. However, when the user is employing their refraction powers on the area surrounding them, they're incapable of using them elsewhere, and vice versa. Thus, when another area is being targeted, the user cannot properly shield themselves.
- Spiral Pain: Midnight uses his reflector magic to twist around the opponents clothes or armor to confine, cut, and suffocate them, as seen when Erza was in a near half-death state after being hit with this attack.
- Illusions(Unnamed): By refracting and twisting light with their Reflector Magic, Junsei can create illusions.
- Invisibility (隠形, Ingyō): By distorting the light around himself, Junsei is capable of hiding his body, effectively vanishing from sight in a blueish flash and then becoming invisible, something which allows them to move around unnoticed. While in such form, Junsei also shown capable of levitating in the air, rapidly appearing and disappearing from sight as if he was teleporting.
- Distort Shield (歪盾, Ibitsu Tate): Before an incoming attack can reach him, Junsei twists it, distorting its trajectory and sending it elsewhere, thus remaining unscathed. Junsei can perform this spell without so much as a single movement, and, by affecting the area around him, he can flawlessly shield himself from large barrages of fast-moving attacks, which can even be redirected to be sent back to the one who employed them.
- Aim Immunity: Junsei can project a distortion field around him which is specialized created in such a way that they send or rather re-direct any form of projectile attacks back at the attacker. However, to use this, Junsei must be able to predict the trajectory of the attack. This works only on projectiles with a fixed trajectory or direction that is particularly aimed at him; meaning, that random attacks such as explosions cannot be distorted.
- Sense Distortion (Unnamed): A master of Reflector magic, such as Junsei can distort others sense of awareness, allowing him to slip past their awareness and attack them rapidly without warning.
- Reflector: Jail (屈折・牢獄, Rifurekutā: Rōgoku): This Reflector magic works by distorting a victim's body after locking onto their magic signature, Junsei is able to bind and paralyze several opponents at once. In this binded form, the victims are vulnerable since their bodies can be crushed if Junsei were to increase the force that's binding their body; increasing the force can allow him to tear muscles, nerves, shatter bones and pull away organs at ease. Such level of distortion would be deadly and extremely painful.
- Gravity Distortion (重力歪み, Jūryoku Hizumi): A powerful spell which Junsei initiates by swiping one of his arms before himself which causes a magic seal to appear beneath his targets. By binding gravity itself with his magic, he can create a gravitational well below his opponent(s) which causes the target to become the center of gravity thus attracting drawing in everything in its surroundings to create an enormous mass; making the unlucky victim be vulnerable to omnidirectional strikes from debris, weapons of their teammates, magic attacks or even other people. After becoming the center of gravity, they are generally crushed by the rocks, soil, organic matter, etc. they are attracting. However, this spell does not effect Junsei.
- Rift (割れ目, Wareme): Using this spell, Junsei is able to create distortions in the barriers that separates dimensions, allowing him to reposition his own existence to another dimension, essentially allowing him to travel between and through dimensions while tearing the barriers that separate them. However, this can cause cataclysmic effects in its wake, since not just matter but energy is also "exchanged" or rather poured from one dimension to other, causing the "receiving" dimension to suffer tremendous damage.
- Armed Murder (武装殺害, Busō Sechigai): By distorting an untwistable object such as a living being forcibly, Junsei can not only cause his opponents tremendous harm by twisting their limbs and torso but also can cause them to spin in a cyclonic manner manner aimlessly as their body parts are being twisted simultaneously and obviously, soon enough the victims, being living beings with a low tension and strain reach their breaking point after which they are either left in a comatose state with broken bones and torn muscles or die; most victims either die due to the pain or due to having their internal organs twisted and ripped apart.